Senior Cloud Applications Engineer DevOps
Azure - Applications - DevOps - Dynamics365
An excellent opportunity has arisen in central Birmingham for a Senior Cloud Applications Engineer (DevOps) to join a fantastic Cloud Services team currently supporting multiple IT Transformation initiatives.
This is hands on technical role that takes the lead on designing, building, implementing, testing and supporting the application estate. The role will also be required to direct and manage any 3rd party support organisation of the application estate.
We're looking for candidates with the below skills/knowledge/experience:
- Good understanding of the software development process and lifecycle and the challenges faced, contributing to technically to complex projects
- Strong experience of public cloud such as Microsoft Azure, Dynamics, InRule and FormsIO
- Strong experience of managing and optimising databases such as SQL
- Strong experience in SQL/SQL express, C#, Java skills, Forms
- Experience of MS SQL configuration and maintenance
- Experience of PowerShell, ARM (JSON), Puppet and Infrastructure as Code (IAC) scripting knowledge
- Expert in data migration and data integration
- Strong Experience of virtualised platforms
- Experience in IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Comprehensive understanding of monitoring toolsets and ability to analyse data the toolsets provide
- Strong experience in back-up and restores of applications and databases
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative and results oriented approach towards issue resolution with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build good relationships at all levels
- Ability to cross skill and troubleshoot application related issues
- ITIL foundation qualification
- Exposure to Kibana, Logstash and Logic Apps Experience of Docker
- SQL Databases,
- Azure blob storage, Azure AD, Azure B2C, Azure Web Apps and Azure Service Fabric
This is a superb opportunity to join a well-respected regulatory company located in the centre of Birmingham, within walking distance of main transport links, offering an excellent benefit package and a friendly & flexible working environment where you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your capabilities and develop your skills & career.
Want to know more? Get in touch with Maggie Cobos and/ or apply online for immediate consideration.