Personal Tax and Bookkeeping Assistant
Based at our Walsall Officeyou will be joining our tax and bookkeeping team and will have a wide-ranging remit providing a high level and complete service to clients including tax compliance, VAT returns and bookkeeping. You will identify opportunities and manage client relationships and expectations whilst ensuring technical excellence and a practical/business driven approach is taken.
We are the one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 3000 staff in over 90+ office locations. Baldwins is now part of the Cogital Group which has 4700 people Operating from 150 offices in 7 countries. We are committed to providing an outstanding service to our clients and their businesses and provide a diverse range of compliance and specialist services specifically designed to our client's individual needs. We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations and everything in between. As a firm we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As a Personal Tax/Bookkeeping Assistant at our Walsall Office, your main responsibilities will include:
- Heading up VAT/MTD dept
- Training apprentices
- Preparing VAT returns in house for clients
- Bookkeeping/management account at client's site
- Yearend accounts
- Preparation of personal tax returns
- P11d's and other tax compliance forms
As a Personal Tax/Bookkeeping Assistant at our Walsall Office, your skills and qualifications will include:
- Experience of working with both finance and non-finance people
- Experience of personal tax work
- Experience of working in a practice environment
- Experience of working in a dynamic, fast changing environment
- A common sense & logical approach to tasks
- Initiative and proactivity in their work
- An ability to solve problems by critically evaluating issues
- Care for clients and colleagues and seek to exceed expectations by anticipating and proactively developing solutions for clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge with a strong attention to detail
- A sound track record in meeting deadlines and demonstrate effectiveness within a team environment
- A willingness to travel and work at client sites
- Hold a full & clean driving license, with daily access to a car
- Advanced excel and word skills
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package. Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.
Our Core Values & Behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these Core Values & Behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the Behaviours allows the Firm to grow and achieve our four goals of Happy Staff, Happy Clients, Financial Strength and Quality of Advice and Service.