Are you an experienced Report Writer within the pension / divorce market and looking to work for a highly respected organisation?
This leading wealth management firm encompasses financial planning and investment management and focuses on the long-term for both their clients and colleagues. Their culture is of great importance to them, which has been demonstrated throughout their impressive history.
Duties of a Report Writer
As a Report Writer, your role will be to acknowledge, write and peer review Expert Witness Reports. Part of the team's duties is to receive instructions by solicitors acting on behalf of divorcing parties and to consider the value of their pension assets and provide advice on various solutions. As such your duties will be:
- Calculate and revalue defined benefit pensions and cash equivalent transfer values.
- Comment on the factors influencing changes to defined benefit pension benefits.
- Value defined contribution pension arrangements and calculate annuities at retirement in today's money.
- Analyse member pension data for accuracy and completeness
- Produce a comprehensive Report which provides a summary of all pensions and recommendations on how pensions should be split between the divorcing parties based on the specifications within a Letter of Instruction.
- Provide a written response summarising what data will be required to enable the Report to be written and to use initiative in providing a timeframe to our instructing solicitors.
- Undertake reviews of Reports written by peers both prose and calculations thereby ensuring technical accuracy and readability of all Reports.
Requirements to be considered - Report Writer
- Must have experience of writing reports on defined benefit contributions and regularly undertaking calculations to revalue DB pensions / transfer values
- A confident, articulate and highly numerate individual with an eye for attention to detail
- An individual who enjoys using their own initiative and can consider mathematical problems in a creative way
- Regularly keeps up to date with developments in the pensions and divorce market
- Minimum of A Level Maths or a business-related maths based qualification of the same level or higher.
- GCSE or higher in English.
- Professional qualifications required from the Chartered Insurance Institute, Pensions Management Institute and The Institute & Faculty of Actuaries
Benefits for their Report Writers
- Attractive salary - can be disclosed on receipt of your application
- Company benefits provided with discretionary bonus
- Formidable opportunity to work within a highly respected name
- Ethical firm with strong people-based culture and social responsibility
- Focused on every individual joining the business feels valued and encouraged to be successful, therefore aim for their colleagues to stay for the long term, for the right reasons
Liability and Disclaimer
Whilst Premier Jobs UK uses all reasonable efforts to ensure the information contained in our adverts including any salary, benefits or on target earnings are accurate, we give no representation or warranty in respect of such information. No liability is accepted by Premier Jobs UK for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information.