3rd Line Support Engineer
Opportunity with a rapidly expanding (400 staff, headcount grown by ?? in the past 6 months), multi-site technology services organisation. This is a newly created position and presents the opportunity to join a close-knit, collaborative technical support team providing technical services to some of the most well-renowned retail & hospitality brands in the UK.
Given the nature of the business you'll be working with absolutely cutting-edge technology and entrusted to analyse, diagnose and resolve urgent OS and infrastructure issues both on client site and in their own flagship, Tier 3 Plus Data Center.
They are seeking a broad and in-depth knowledge of Windows Sever Operating Systems and VMware (administration rather than implementation), and in return for your efforts you can expect first-class training and development and obtain industry recognised certifications.
Your key objectives:
- Ensure complex issues are promptly addressed, documented and resolved in a professional and timely manner consistent with the highest customer & technical service standards.
- Take ownership of escalated incidents to ensure appropriate technical engagement, focus and communication through to completion.
- Oversee planning and scheduling of proactive maintenance tasks including patching, firmware upgrades, capacity management and performance monitoring.
- Serve as an escalation point for Operations teams as a senior technical resource for prestigious customers experiencing urgent server OS and infrastructure issues, including a periodic on-call roster (1 week in 4, paid GBP250 p/w and additional for any call outs).
- Prepare and peer review customer and management reports relating to managed server OS and infrastructure.
- Prepare customer and management reports relating to Major Incidents to ensure full transparent analysis of events to assist in prevention and mitigation planning.
- Serve as a senior technical advisor, providing telephone and remote support for customers experiencing complex server OS and infrastructure issues (at 3rd Line Level; there is a Service Desk in place to take initial calls and deal with 1st / 2nd Line tickets).
- Engage with vendors to understand best-practices as well as technology and platform features and trends
- Maintain technical and vendor certifications through Instructor Led Training, CBT and self study to ensure skills and technical knowledge are current.
- Discuss and evaluate Server infrastructure requirements and growth expectations with Customers, Solutions Architects and Account Managers.
- Serves as a mentor to lower level technicians providing guidance during the troubleshooting process, training on new products and assistance in the development of their skills.
Core Technical Requirements:
- Windows Server - up to and including 2016.
- VMware - administering / support
- Networking - DNS / DHCP / IP addressing; applicants will need to demonstrate a basic understanding of Windows networking.
- Experience/ knowledge of Citrix admin would be advantageous but not essential.
The role is paying up to GBP42,000 + on-call allowance (1 week in 4, paid GBP250 p/w and additional for any call outs) + additional allowance for any overtime undertaken.