Corporate Finance - M&A Assistant Director
A career in our Mergers and Acquisitions practice, within Deals Corporate Finance services, will provide you the opportunity to deliver innovative deal solutions to our clients, providing advice and support, from initiation through to deal completion. In short, we're a part of helping some of the world's leading companies across industries originate, create, execute, and realise value from deals. Through data driven insights we help our clients move in the right direction ensuring maximum value for their company.
Our team offers strategic advice to investors and companies undertaking mergers and acquisitions or investment opportunities. As part of our team, you'll help our clients by providing client specific commercial insight, market and competitor overviews, and investment/divestment advice and modelling.
As an Assistant Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Develop project strategies to solve complex technical challenges for our clients
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Shape and deliver projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria
- Train, coach, and supervise team members
- Continue to develop internal relationships and developing your PwC brand
Who we are looking for
PwC Corporate Finance is seeking an Assistant Director to join the Leeds office and be part of its ever growing Northern M&A team. The team has a strong local reputation and focusses on corporate and private equity clients, with extensive credentials in domestic and cross-border M&A. The team is particularly focussed on selling private companies to strategic acquirers and financial investors, as well as undertaking selective acquisition and public company advisory work.
The team addresses the mid-market, which is the most active transaction size segment, being deals valued typically between GBP20m to GBP500m. Our regional deals business is a priority for the UK firm. In joining the team you will be expected to play a key role in supporting our growth plans, with strong career progression opportunities. The role provides an exceptional candidate the opportunity to work with a high performing team as part of the leading national and international corporate finance business, with deep sector expertise and unique access to global corporates.
About the role
Working as an Assistant Director within the team, the role will involve the following
- Leadership and management of projects from start to finish covering all transaction stages, from information production, modelling, due diligence, funding and transaction process through to completion
- Developing internal and external relationships / networks to assist in the winning of M&A advisory work
- Overseeing the work of project teams, co-ordination of day to day work-streams and coaching junior staff
- Supporting directors and partners in running projects, marketing and developing the business
- Acting as the key point of contact for clients
- Participating in key proposals and presentations
We would expect interested applicants to be able to demonstrate the following attributes
- Significant experience of working in M&A advisory, gained within a boutique corporate finance firm, leading investment bank or other corporate finance environment (such as within corporate development in industry or within corporate finance in a major accounting firm);
- Completion of multiple mid-market M&A transactions on which the applicant could be referenced personally;
- Strong financial modelling capability and experience;
- Agility to convert analysis into various outputs to present results in a clear and concise manner;
- Ability to lead teams and manage people using highly developed interpersonal skills;
- Ability to initiate and develop relationships with potential clients; and
- Confidence and professionalism to sell to and work with senior level client personnel.
Our Deals business is an exciting, fast-paced and an ever-growing business that focuses on deals and crisis situations for our clients. Collectively, we deal with the types of situations you hear about regularly in the news and we provide support, insight and analysis to the management, shareholders and financiers of business.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here