Assistant Management Accountant
ReAssure are looking to recruit an Assistant Management Accountant on a permanent contract to join our team within the Finance function in Telford. This vacancy represents an opportunity to work with one of Telford's largest employers, within an ever changing environment, working as part of a dynamic team.
In this role as Assistant Management Accountant, you will be managing the departmental deliverables of the Management Accounts Production Team, ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the Management Accounts Lead with the production of accurate and timely Management Accounts.
- Day to day management of the management accounts production team.
- Team 121's, personal development planning, objective setting, 6 monthly and annual reviews.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflict, absenteeism and performance issues.
- Presentation of business performance to functional heads of department
- Journal preparation and posting to the general ledger including reconciliation of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts.
- Ensuring appropriate accounting policies have been adhered to satisfy internal and external audit.
- Monitor and analyse department workflow to develop more efficient procedures and use of resource while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Trend and variance analysis by cost type
- Support budgeting and forecasting activities
- Ad hoc support to Finance Business Partners
Key skills/experience required:
- Communicates effectively, including written and oral presentation, engaging customers and stakeholders as appropriate to role
- Demonstrates good organisational skills, with an analytical and methodical approach to work
- Effective leadership skills within staff management, task management and process improvement.
- Ability to work very well in a team or independently, consulting and co-ordinating others appropriately in the wider function and business.
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrates appropriate prioritisation skills
- Ability to apply specialist knowledge to improve processes.
- Computer literate and competent with all required operating systems and Microsoft Office products
- At least 5 years' experience in a finance department, and a qualified (or in training) member of a CCAB body or equivalent qualification (or relevant experience).
Originally founded in 1963, ReAssure is a life and pensions company which buys and administers closed books of business from other companies. Built on a 2,000 strong team with a wide range of skills and experience, there's one constant running through the ReAssure business - 'Change'. Join us and you'll have opportunity to drive our growth and progress through your own success.
ReAssure is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills; and creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age