Assistant Operations Manager
Assistant Operations Manager
Salary: GBP30,000 - GBP32,000
My client, one of Europe's largest trailer companies is looking to employ an experienced
Assistant Operations Branch Manager for their state of the art facility in Nuneaton
??Raise Work Orders, ensure accurate coding, check maintenance history, validate & authorize additional work.
??Cost control: secondary warranty, warranty id & management, challenge maintenance cost, negotiating with vendors &/or suppliers. Needs to be able to challenge costs where applicable.
??Accurate follow up on rebill process, obtain Purchase Order & apply customer markups.
??Ensure Services pricing is in line with the agreed vendor pricing
??Parts management, ordering of parts when required for external vendors
World Class Customer Service
- ??Trailer reservations: reserve trailers correctly, select correct account, select rate, asset & manage expired reservations, manage one ways, minimize Non Billing Days.
- ??Send job to mechanic (Mobile Service Unit) & upload GETSMART & GETPART, update system. Workshop Mobile Service Unit planning regarding holidays/sickness.
- ??Tyre management: meet FOS cycle time.
- ??Follow up on customer insurance related tasks.
- ??The ABOM needs to demonstrate understanding & drive improvements of customer satisfaction.
- ??Schedule service events, update business applications (ALS), obtain paperwork, upload documents into myIntelligence, advising customer on due services/MOT's.
- ??Manage Free of Charge Units to ensure this is kept at minimum level.
- ??Contract maintenance for tail lifts & reefers.
??Manage Operations team and provide support daily
??Attend team meetings & proactively participate.
??Manage the whole operation in the Branch managers absence
Simplification & creativity through teamwork
- ??Deliver 1 new productivity or process improvements
Whilst the above information outlines the main duties of the post, this list is not exhaustive and duties may be required to change in light of future developments or from time to time as directed by your supervisor or manager.
Qualifications / Skills / Competencies
- ??Minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience in an administrative role
- ??Computer skills: average knowledge of the MS Office applications
- ??Able to work under pressure; stress resilient
- ??Negotiation Skills: Able to negotiation, to achieve best results with vendor.
- ??Customer Excellence: Service customers with a positive, professional & a 'can do' attitude. Understands customer requirements & capability to meet & exceed these requirements. Responds in a promptly & efficiently manner to customer queries & issues. Performs standard customer related tasks in a consistent & efficient fashion.
- ??Product & Services Knowledge: Understand how the product relates to the level of service for the customer & able explain the components & the benefits.
- ??Process Knowledge: Correct use of business systems & Standard Operation Procedures.
- ??Budget Management (P&L Skills): Understand impact of correct Fleet Management & activity coding. Able to challenge costs & identify opportunities to recharge, reduce costs & manage fair, wear & tear. Actively seeks opportunities for cost control & flag to manager.
- ??Communication Skills: Is articulate & easy to understand. Is clear & concise in both oral & written communications.
- Time Management: Able to prioritize & organize tasks, so able to multi task. Make use of business systems to effectively manage the flow & storage of information. Also uses the business administrative procedures & processes to complete all administrative requirements. Ensures information is easily accessible to others & all tasks are completed in a timely manner.
To apply, please send your CV quoting AOBM to Dudley Pine
Or call Mob:
Auto Skills UK - See our website for details.