Level Entry Accounts Assistant
Gallagher Bassett was established in Chicago in 1962 as a Third Party Administrator (TPA) providing claims and risk control services to self-insured clients and now has 125 branches and over 3,600 skilled professionals in the USA, UK, Australia and Canada.
Gallagher Bassett UK was founded in 1991 and currently has seven offices across the UK with over 400 claims handling staff providing services to corporate, national and local government, insurer and broker clients.
We are constantly seeking skilled professionals to join our organisation, who are passionate about their work and take exceptional performance to heart. Gallagher Bassett presents opportunities that not only enable our company to remain an industry leader but also provide employees with limitless possibilities for success and personal growth.
We are currently recruiting for a Accounts Assistant to be based within our Tamworth Branch.
To perform the following duties in the separate areas of client fund accounting and revenue and expense accounting.
Maintenance of Client Funds including:
- Banking of Client Fund Receipts
- Allocating Claims Payments
- Maintaining the Client fund Cashbook
- Stopping cheques on BarclaysImagepay
- Banking and processing Recoveries
- Preparation and issue of invoices to Clients
- Maintaining the Client Fund Invoice Register
- Preparing Claims Listings for clients in order to support requests for Funds
- Reconciling Client accounts
- Inputting payments onto the bank.
Revenue and Expense Accounting:
- Paying expenses via Barclays.net
- Checking receipts against personal expense claims
- Dealing with queries from suppliers
- Banking of receipts
- Raising of Fee Invoices
- Processing of Purchase Invoices
- Comply with all Gallagher Bassett and office procedures
- Any other duties as required by Gallagher Bassett
Position Specific Requirements:
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload to ensure that deadlines are adhered to.
- Ability to work under pressure and without supervision.
- Ability to liaise with colleagues when appropriate.
- Ability to develop and sustain relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to construct effective written communications, including letters and reports.
- Capable and confident written English skills.
- Confident and effective telephone skills.
- Confident numeracy skills.
- Full training in the role will be provided, with regular on-going training, reinforced by progress towards professional qualifications.
- Strong Microsoft office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Accurate data input skills
- 25 Days Holiday per year
- Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Plan
- Group Income Protection
- Eye Tests
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Childcare Vouchers
- Season Ticket Loans
Do you feel you meet the criteria for the position of Accounts Assistant? If so, we encourage you to apply today.
We are a equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Should you be successful, you will be subject to a variety of checks including: a basic DBS disclosure and references.