Male SEN Teaching Assistants- Birmingham- ASAP start
Male SEN Teaching Assistants - Birmingham - ASAP
Academics are currently recruiting resilient, empathetic and caring male special needs teaching assistants for a range of special needs schools in the Birmingham area. This role is to commence ASAP for daily supply.
We are seeking to appoint a Male SEND Teaching Assistant to support students with a range of needs such as Autistic Spectrum Disorder, PMLD, SLD and SEMH. You will be working alongside the teachers, parents and carers to ensure a suitably differentiated curriculum is provided to students.
To be an ideal candidate for this role, you will need to be empathetic, calm and patient. Strong communication skills are also important in order to ease the process for the pupil. As well as being challenging, this role will also prove to be rewarding as you will be able to play an active role in making a difference in the students' progress.
- Supporting pupils in the classroom and around the school environment
- On occasion, providing personal care for the students
- Strong knowledge of behaviour management
- Experience working in similar environments
- Available to start work ASAP
- CACHE Level 2 or higher qualification or equivalent
- Team teach trained or equivalent behaviour management certificate
- Makaton/BSL trained or experience of using it in practise
- PECS trained/experienced
- Experience of supporting SEN pupils including MLD, SLD, ASD, EBA, PMLD or SpLD
- Valid DBS or willingness to obtain one
The schools are in close proximity to Erdington, Sparkhill, Stechford, Saltley and Solihull. So if you can get to these areas quite easily, you are looking to do daily supply to ensure a work life balance and you've got SEN experience. Please apply today!
Please apply today to register your interest for this role or to find out more information, please call Katie for an informal discussion on or email on .
We offer competitive rates of pay, in many cases above industry standard and you will receive continued support from your experienced personal consultant.
Academics are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, we expect every candidate to share this commitment. Assignments are subject to safeguarding and child protection screening in line with DfE polices, including right to work, employment history and enhanced DBS checks