A successful, high-technology engineering Company is seeking a Software Engineer to join their growing team of talented, passionate professionals.
Working as part of a small team, the Software Engineer is responsible for delivering rock-solid software, incredible user experiences and innovative data-analysis and calibration software tools.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop new software packages and supporting documentation;
- Participate in peer reviewing of other software engineers code;
- Maintain and improve existing software packages and supporting documentation Investigate software and system issues as reported by other areas of the business, customers, resellers etc.;
- Identify bugs, record on feature tracking software and propose fixes;
- Provide support to customers and resellers;
- Train, coach and develop other business areas where necessary
- Improve software processes;
- Widen technical competence and domain knowledge.
You could be the perfect candidate for this Software Engineer opportunity if you have the following skills and experience:
- Relevant technical qualification in Engineering, Electronics or IT Business to minimum of ONC/HNC or equivalent qualification;
- Development in the C++ language (V11 would be desireable but not essential);
- Experience developing for Windows platform (additional experience in Linux would be beneficial but not essential) ;
- Development in the python language (include web frameworks such as Flask or Django);
- GUI application design;
- Ability to learn new technology fundamentals quickly, show flexibility, and work on several projects and priorities in parallel;
- Version control systems;
- Issue management (ticketing) systems;
- Software testing methodologies;
- Demonstrable experience in developing in languages and domains mentioned above;
- Within commuting distance of Gloucestershire, Worcestershire and Herefordshire;
- Full UK driving licence and own transport.