Executive Assistant to the Director of Communications.
Venn Group is currently recruiting for an Executive Assistant to the Director of Communications for a Public Sector Organisation based in Birmingham. This role is a 1 - 2 month contract, paying an hourly rate of GBP16.29 PAYE or GBP18.54 via an umbrella company.
The successful candidate will have previous experience providing executive support to senior leadership within either the public or private sector.
- Managing all incoming mail, telephone calls, messages and co-ordinating meetings
- Prioritising and managing own workload in an informed and effective manner, working autonomously in the absence of the line managers
- Maintaining effective communication networks at all levels across the organisation
- Identifying, drafting and typing correspondence and reports
- Creating action plans and following-up outstanding issues which emerge from work and meetings
- Preparing background information, collating information into reports, producing statistics and creating and managing databases as required
- Redirecting and co-ordinating tasks delegated to other members of the Department
- Managing diaries to include using an electronic diary and email system prioritising, dealing with and responding appropriately
- Managing the meeting process by preparing agendas, taking, producing and circulating accurate minutes of meetings
- Managing the administrative responsibility for educational and communication functions, such as seminars, conferences and workshops
- Developing and reviewing all administrative systems at Board level in the light of good office practice to ensure they remain responsive and efficient
- Dealing with staff, managers and external organisations in a professional and courteous manner
- Creating and designing visual aids and presentations
- Developing and maintaining an effective filing system and bring forward system
- Managing orders and requisitions and maintaining budgets as appropriate
- Assisting with the interviewing and selection of secretarial and administration staff
To apply for this role or to find out about other Marketing & Communications jobs, please contact Hannah Dunlop, Celia Jarvis or Jack Sharpe on the Midlands Marketing & Communications Recruitment team on or
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.