Digital Project Admin / Assistant Project Manager / Web & Apps
Job Title: Digital Project Administrator / Assistant Project Manager / Web & Apps
Salary: GBP18,000 - GBP20,000 dependant on experience
Position: Full Time, Permanent
Trading for over 9 years, the company is a well-known mobile app and web app development agency based in Birmingham's up-and-coming Jewellery Quarter. You will support the Project Manager with administrative tasks associated with running projects, business admin, and communicating with customers.
This role is a great opportunity for you to get experience working in a tech business and gain exposure to many of the coordination tasks required to deliver successful app projects on time and on budget. Giving you vital skills working in the tech sector that will likely stay with you throughout your career.
Based in Birmingham's up-and-coming Jewellery Quarter, the Company specialises in making mobile and web apps for small and medium sized businesses and is looking for a Digital Project Administrator to join the team. You will report into and support the Project Manager with administrative tasks associated with running projects, communicating with customers, and other general business activities.
The Company has a culture of learning, and understands that you may not have worked within an app development company before, and is therefore looking for evidence of transferrable skills that demonstrate you will work well with the team, and be capable of carrying out your roles and responsibilities.
- Liaising with customers about the status of their project via e-mail, phone
- Coordinating their internal customer-support-ticket system (Jira Service Desk), ensuring clients get a timely response to issues and requests raised
- Answering the telephone
- Calling people who have enquired via e-mail, following the company's qualifying lead process, to determine if they are suitable to be passed to the sales manager for follow up
- Attending meetings and taking notes
- Testing web and mobile app projects as if you are the end-user, checking that the app meets the project specification document and wireframes/designs
- Liaising with external suppliers and coordinating their output with the project
- Raising issues in their project management software (Atlassian Jira)
- Reviewing and verifying client's feedback raised during user acceptance testing
- Inputting content provided by customers onto websites
- Describing app features from wireframes and writing them into project specification documents
- Creating and maintaining project documentation
- Other administrative duties
Whether it be a request you might be dealing with, a feature you might be testing, or a wireframe you are describing, there will be lots of occasions where the work you perform will have subtle what-if's or knock-on effects. Therefore, you should be able to demonstrate that you conduct your work with attention to detail, considering the wider objectives of the task at hand.
- Strong listening and communication skills
- To demonstrate you are a well organised person who can manage their time and priorities
- To be capable of picking up new tasks and learning on the job with the resources provided and support from the team
- Telephone experience, with good telephone etiquette
- To be familiar with using word processing and spreadsheet software, such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- The ability to write business e-mails and documents effectively
- The ability to think analytically and solve problems
To apply for this role, please click APPLY to submit your CV and a Cover Letter.
Any calls from recruitment agencies will result in permanent deselection from the recruitment process in the future.
Candidates with experience of the following may also be suitable to apply for this role; Project Administrator, General Admin Assistant, Lead Assistant, Lead Enquiries Assistant, App Project Administrator, App Project Assistant, Assistant Project Management, Web Project Administrator, Web Project Assistant, Account Manager, Digital Account Manager, Project Support Analyst, Assistant Project Manager, Junior Project Assistant will also be considered for this role.