Science Technician (Maternity Cover)
- Secondary School
- North Birmingham
- Starting January 2020 and expected to be for 1 year.
- GBP65.00 - GBP90.00 per day
An 'Good" rated Catholic secondary school based in North Birmingham are looking for a science technician to join a team to cover maternity leave starting January 2020. The role of a science technician is crucial to support the smooth running of the science department.
- Support the teachers when planning and carrying out practical work
- Highlighting any health and safety concerns
- Provide technical and learning assistance in lessons supporting students
- Ensure all equipped is securely logged and checked on return
- Ensure all lab and safety equipment is properly maintained.
- Prepare all equipment for lessons as required
- Previous experience of working in a school
- Previous experience as a Science Technician
- Able to work as a team
- Organised and efficient
- Confident presence in the class room
- Be able to provide two working references
- Eligible to work in the UK
Benefits to you:
- You will be assigned a dedicated consultant
- Competitive rates of pay, depending on experience.
- A fast clearance process, most of which can be accessed online.
- Term Time only
If you would like more information or would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV today or contact Hannah Innis on or via email on