Financial Controller - Fully Qualified
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for a Financial Controller to join an established non profit organisation based in Warwick. Being part of a Global business and a client base that spreads across 19 countries in the UK, Europe, North America, Central America and Australia, this is an extremely exciting time to join.
Ideally you would have experience providing financial support within a non profit organisation within convenience stores across multiple locations
Key responsibilities and duties of this role...
- Strategic and operational financial management of the business.
- Provision of financial consulting to 22 trading companies, including technical knowledge, systems implementation/improvements.
- Providing investment and financing advice for campuses when expanding
- Profitability analysis of new ranges for central distribution
- Provision of central reporting templates and resulting reports to all stakeholders, including globally, locally and regionally.
- Monitor financial performance of all companies and work with central team and management teams to identify and resolve specific and general issues arising as a result.
- Responsibility for driving continuous improvements within finance teams, in terms of both accounting processes/legislative changes and systems efficiency.
- Management of Netsuite accounting system
- Leading on forecasting programme
- Directing the budgeting process for UK region
- Ensure 100% compliance of monthly reporting from campuses is proactively managed and monitored, along with regular and effective communication with global finance team.
- Monitor company performance on an ongoing basis and identify issues and find and implement solutions that will secure their ongoing successful stability and growth.
- Provision of financial figures for marketing and engagement purposes ie. Webinars, weekly reporting, staff meetings.
- Provide systems support for all finance packages, currently Xero and Sage to CT companies.
- Keep up to date with capabilities for finance and Vend systems, identify additions that will be beneficial to users, obtain regional approval and deliver an implementation and training plan for the upgrade.
- Provide technical support for financial elements of Vend POS system, including knowledge of how the Vend/Xero integration works, can be adapted to suit the needs of the CT companies and how issues can be identified and resolved.
- Providing expertise of financing options available to our companies and ensuring that the option chosen is most efficient from an accounting and tax perspective, allowing maximisation of profits to our schools.
- Creation and management of profitability costing templates for possible centrally distributed product ranges and involvement in analysis of templates for approval.
- Manage internal relationships within the finance teams and monitor appropriate communication platforms for ensuring maximum efficiency across organisation.
- Lead on budgeting process for UK region, from schedule creation through template design, company liaison/guidance and final approval. Implement required global changes across the board.
- Keep up to date with future legislative and accounting changes and ensure relevant changes are communicated to finance teams along with plans for implementation.
- Provide financial costings/business plans for central projects in collaboration with central team.
- Be primary contact for Netsuite, the implementation partner and all internal teams, leading on all future developments of the system, coordinating all required resources to ensure successful implementation.
- Provide Netsuite systems expertise to central team on an ongoing basis and manage ongoing operations.
- Communicate with OSG Ltd on a regular basis to proactively manage the donations process, reconcile donations made and work together towards stability in giving to support our schools.
- Attend GFT meetings where appropriate and contribute to strategies for community funding and engagement.
- Involvement in creation and monitoring of combined spend targets.
- Lead on stock taking of companies, delivering twice yearly counts across a range of up to 80 locations currently, analysis of results and working with companies to improve processes and stock purchases.
- Monitor supplier rebates and provide reporting and budgeting where required
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, attributes and qualifications...
- Proven working experience as a Financial controller
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- ACCA or equivalent
- Experience working for a non profit organisation or convenience stores
- Salary between GBP40,000 - GBP50,000 per annum DOE
- Monday - Friday 07:30 - 16:30
- Pension scheme - 5% company contribution
- Car allowance or Company Car
- Free Lunch and Fruit Every Day
- Free Secure Parking
- Private medical healthcare
- 22 days holiday + 8 days BH (Plus options to purchase additional days)