Peripatetic IT Technician
Peripatetic ICT Technician for schools
Location: Worcester, with a requirement to travel in the local area.
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week.
Salary: GBP18,000 - GBP20,000.
Do you love technology? Do you enjoy working with a wide range of people and rising to new challenges? Can you inspire confidence in your technical skills and knowledge? We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive individual who is keen to learn and develop, becoming part of our energetic Peritech team and supporting our growing portfolio of school customers.Who are we?
We are IBS Schools (a division of Capita ESS). We have been the trusted ICT support provider for over 200 schools in and around Worcestershire for over 20 years, delivering a wide variety of technical services with a strongly educational focus. The Peritech team delivers onsite technical support, maintenance and guidance to school customers through a series of scheduled visits. Alongside technical support, we provide a service desk, consultancy for curriculum and school management systems, network and audio-visual installations, school website design, procurement, school broadband services and much more.What would you be doing?
- Providing onsite technical support and proactive maintenance to your own allocated set of school customers.
- Providing reactive 1st line technical support to schools as required including telephone, remote and site visits.
- Planning, assisting and leading on larger installation projects in schools during holiday periods including network rebuilds, server installations, staff and pupil hardware deployment and infrastructure upgrades.
- Working closely with other departments of the IBS Schools Team including Broadband, Procurement, Websites, Infrastructure etc.
- A good understanding of PCs and networks using a variety of platforms, including Windows, MacOS, iOS etc.
- Familiarity with broadband Internet connections, email services and a range of cloud services.
- Ability to communicate effectively with school staff, headteachers and fellow team members.
- Strong initiative and proactivity skills.
- Understanding of the specific needs of schools and working in a school environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Desire to extend your knowledge across a wide range of technology in use in schools.
It is essential that you hold a Full UK driving licence and have access to your own car.
It also would be beneficial if you have previous experience with servers, particularly Windows Server, Active Directory and Group Policy, and have worked in a school environment in any capacity.What can we offer you?
Above all, we are a small, tight-knit team, passionate about providing the best possible technical services to schools. As a team member, you would benefit from the knowledge and experience of the rest of the team. You would have every chance to develop your skills and knowledge in all things related to the job. In addition, we encourage you to share your knowledge, skills and expertise with the rest of the team so that everyone can benefit. To give everyone a chance to get to know the team, we hold social events on a regular basis. We are always keen to promote those who take on responsibilities, delight our customers, and spearhead new directions in technology for the benefit of the team and our customers.
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.