Network Services Manager
Job Title: Network Service Manager
Reporting To: Head of Networks, Advanced IT Services
Location: London, Birmingham or Ashford
We're one of the UK's largest and fastest-growing software and IT services companies, delivering a range of solutions to our 19,000+ customer base across every corner of the UK market.
The Network Service Manager is responsible for the stable operation and availability of Network and Voice Services across our company and for our customers. This includes; the management of incident and problem ticketing in line with SLA and OLAs, ownership of Major Incidents, staffing rotas and planned staff absences. You will lead a team of circa ten technical staff supporting our U.K. customer base and 2,300+ of our staff across numerous sites in the UK and India on a 7x24-x365 basis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
This is a key strategic role with a focus on Network Service delivery; your remit will cover all aspects of the delivery of networking support both within Advanced's infrastructure and its customer's networks. Advanced's Networks Services include; Problem determination and resolution, change and project planning, availability and performance monitoring, capacity management and utilisation reporting for both infrastructure services and staffing, post Major Incident Reporting and Root Cause Analysis document creation, as well as day to day team management duties such as work load prioritisation.
- Ownership - As Advanced continues to evolve its services around Network Management and Administration, we are looking for a Manager proven in being reasonable and accountable for an infrastructure and technical group to provide leadership for the core operational team. This will include adopting a continuous learning and improvement methodology for services, instil good working practices and technical excellence, manage team prioritises based on SLA and profile, work collaboratively with other Platform Heads, team leaders and Subject Matter Experts in defining tooling, monitoring, and the setting of standards.
- Leadership - Your team will provide cost effective engineering and 7x24x365 operational support of our Network services. Responding to alerts in a prompt manner, ticket queue management, ensuring collaborative problem determination and resolution with other technology groups.
- Direction - The Network Service Manager will provide direction to enable our Network Team deliver excellent proactive support to all internal and external clients. This includes implementing best practices and repeatable processes to improve stability and availability. Managing and maintaining Network technologies using manufacturer specific tools or vendor agnostic technologies such as Solarwinds Network Performance Monitor.
- Security - This is a key focus which underpins everything we do and the Network Service Manager will be expected to work with Security Teams in ensuring adherence to company policy as well as contributing in the to the evolution of standards, enforcement techniques, platform security controls, identify potential threats and weakness. This includes providing automated processes for patch management and protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of our clients' data.
- Compliance - ensure compliance to relevant standards (e.g. ISO 27001, 9001) and provision of systems to control, adequately measure and handle the risks the business faces for the Managed Service Provider, Data Centre, Application Platform, Campus and satellite site networks.
- Colleagues - The Network Service Manager will manage and develop the Network team, define the training and development plans. This will include improving the overall knowledge of the systems, infrastructure and processes; we aim to promote from within where possible. You'll need to ensure that the team delivers outstanding service and meets or exceeds the agreed SLA's with all customers.
- Budgets - You will have input into the annual Capex & Opex Budget and then be required to run and deliver to the agreed budget. You will review and optimise current costs and achieve cost saving though agreed means such as consolidation.
- Business Continuity - develop documentation, build test procedures and define resources to deliver service continuity in the event of a loss of the Managed Service Provider, Data Centre, Application Platform or Campus networks.
- Licensing and asset management - working with Asset Management team you will ensure effective controls are implemented and developed to provide an excellent asset and licence management service
- Team Management - Ensure the teams manage their respective ITSM queues and actively provide support and mentorship for the technicians, which includes effectivity resolving P1 and P2 incidents on 7 x 24 hour basis and adhere to ITIL best practise including Problem Management. You will also proactively assign tasks and prioritise work to the team in occurrence with SLAs and project delivery timescales.
- Cooperation & Teamwork - Work closely with Pre-Sales, Implementation Resources and Project Managers to on-board new clients through the defined Service Take on process.
- Customer satisfaction - As a service organisation, customer satisfaction is critical for customer retention. The Network Service Manager will work with Technical Service Leads and customer aligned Service Delivery Managers to ensure; adherence to contractual commitments, delivery of network services exceeding SLAs, and a positive customer experience.
You'll be a strong leader in a specialist technology field and are excited by the challenge of working in a high-performing, fast-growing technical environment, supporting a diverse range of technical users.
You will be able to demonstrate: