gap professional is operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Salary: GBP10 - GBP14 per hour, Negotiable depending on experience
Hours: Monday - Thursday 7:45am to 17:00pm, Friday 7:45am to 13:00pm
We have a fantastic opportunity available for a MIG Welder based in the Worcester area.
Main Responsibilities & Skills include:
- MIG welding of aluminium and steel (also, stainless steel) parts. Each job must be run with safety, accuracy and timeliness in the welding area.
- A crucial aspect of this job is quality control, as you must inspect both raw materials and finished products for compliance with safety and company standards.
- Work to the required standards with minimal supervision.
- Ability to carry out self-inspection of own welding activities within defined parameters/requirements before submitting work to final Inspection.
- Undertake good housekeeping to reinstate the work area following engineering activities
- Work safely ensuring work areas are free from hazards and equipment is visually inspected before use.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years experience MIG welding
?? Ability to work from engineering drawings is essential
?? Relevant welders certificate in accordance with 9606-1 & 9606-2.
?? NVQ Level an advantage
?? Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
Closing date is 8th November 2019
gap professional is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future