Human Resources Director
- Create and deliver a strategic workforce plan which meets the current and future needs of the business.
- Build a leadership and management pipeline which meets the current and future needs of the business via succession planning, the development of high potential people and an effective resourcing plan.
- Take the necessary steps to drive employee engagement in order to improve productivity and customer service.
- Lead and/or project manage organisational design and change activity within the business to ensure optimal cost efficiency and maximum productivity
- Creation of positive employee relations, leading consultation at a business level where required.
- Support and coach the MD with complex Employee Relations issues, senior recruitment selection and remuneration issues - liaising with the other HR functions as appropriate
- Coach and work with the MD to create a high performing cohesive senior management team.
- Develop, and ensure delivery of, a Training Plan which fulfils the learning and development needs of the business.
- Ensure the business has the required levels of skill, knowledge, qualifications and capability to meet its current and planned business needs.
- Champion and delivery an Apprenticeship Programme which meets the needs of the business
- Use HR data to identify trends and improvements needed, developing initiatives and interventions to deliver the improvements, and revising HR plans and activities accordingly
- Ensure the operational fulfilment of core HR services meets the business needs, monitoring service performance data and fostering the relationship between the business and the HR Service Centre (HR Operations)
- Ensure the effective facilitation and delivery of HR calendar events, e.g. Resource planning, Pay review and annual appraisal.
- Ensure development of line managers' HR capability and people management competence, professionalism and consistency of approach to mitigate legal risks and associated costs.
- Ensure complex/high risk ER cases are managed pragmatically and within an acceptable level of business risk
- Acts as a role model for Health & Safety
Qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- A demonstrable track record of leading a HR function for a large construction business of comparable size or more.
- Experience of operating in a complex, commercial, multi-divisional organisation.
- Demonstrable record of achievement for delivering business outcomes through HR strategy and plans
- True HR generalist having operated at a senior level for some time, including: employee relations, resourcing, organisational development and learning and development.
- Experience of organisation design, development and change.
- Track record of operating as part of a senior management team with strong business partnering experience
- Strong Project Management skills
- Results focussed
- Strong commercial acumen and financial awareness
- Strong verbal and numerical reasoning skills
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills
- Able to lead change
- Able to maintain a high level of personal integrity under challenge
- Excellent influencing skills and able to challenge appropriately
- Innovative and embraces new thinking and technology
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills at all levels. Is able to build and develop good quality professional relationships.
- Ability to balance focused delivery with a broader business-wide perspective
- Good IT skills including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Powerpoint