gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client who are looking for a Engineering/Maintenance Supervisor
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of work: 3 shifts available
Shift 1: Continental Shift Rota: Week: 1= 5 x 12hr (Mon, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun), Week 2= 2 x 12hr (Tues, Weds)
Shift 2: Mon to Fri (6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm, 10pm-6am)
Shift 3: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm (Flexibility still required)
Salary: GBP45,000 base + O/T rate = Monday to Saturday x 1.5, Sunday x 2 (Quarterly Cash Bonus of Base)
(Continental Shift = GBP234 Weekly Shift premium)
(Shift 2 = Shift Allowance)
To provide Engineering Supervision/support and expertise as directed by the Engineering Manager to your team and Production Department. Support to other Engineering Departmental Managers when required
- Carry out fault diagnosis/direction and provide rapid response to breakdown situations within the maintained areas.
- Audit safety systems, thus ensuring that safe working conditions are always maintained within the responsible engineering and production departmental areas.
- Exercise and promote as part of a Team working environment a safe systems of work policy, to include undertaking Method statements and Risk assessment for tasks being undertaken.
- Ensure efficient communication between team leader and shifts, including control of Shift handovers and Miquest entries.
- Adopt and pursue a working style that will continually improve and enhance work practices within the areas of responsibility
- Monitor the Engineering Stores and ensure spares are available to ensure minimum downtime of Critical Plant within the area of responsibility
- Investigate methods of reducing plant downtime and increasing plant efficiency's within the engineering department.
- Plan/Implement and ensure Planned Maintenance activities are being carried out on all equipment within your department.
- Carry out Health and Safety improvements within your area and attend health and safety meetings
- Ensure that your Engineering maintain housekeeping to a high standard as specified within the 5'S audit process.
- Implement and control a consultative team-working approach to quickly identify and resolve engineering problems within the responsible areas.
- Ensure that all Engineering plant within the areas are correctly serviced, maintained and calibrated in conjunction with the Planned Maintenance System.
- Attendance of any meetings as required and supplying daily update information to the engineering manager for his morning brief.
- Ensure within the engineering team through the team leader the planning of Shift/Holiday cover resource.
- Carry out the necessary disciplinary procedures when required
- Ensure communication to team is carried out through team briefs
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Minimum: HNC maintenance/manufacturing engineering or similar.
- Minimum of 5 years experience within an engineering environment in a supervisory role.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Independent thinking and decision making.
- An analytical problem solver - someone who can distill complex issues into coherent solutions.
- Ability to meet requirements within demanding timescales.
- Able to network and build relationships, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-reliant, flexible and resourceful. Sets high standards.
- Able to analyse and propose solutions quickly and accurately. Learns quickly
- Positive attitude and approach to all issues. Solution oriented
- Innovation to new/modified processes
- Must have knowledge and understanding of assign plant and its manufacturing environment
Closing date is 3rd November 2019
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future