New Programme Quality Graduate / Engineering Graduate
Job Title: New Programme Quality Graduate
Location: Leamington Spa
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Mon - Thurs 08:15 - 17:00 (with 30 mins lunch), Fri 08:15 - 13:30 (no lunch)
The Company are one of the leading manufacturers of engineered plastic assemblies for the automotive industry. They have a global presence, although they are predominately based within the UK where they have a Design and Development centre, along with four modern manufacturing plants equipped with some of the latest automation and plastic moulding technology.
The business understands the value of offering graduate opportunities across all of their sites and believe that graduates have enormous potential, but that this potential needs to be polished and nurtured. Therefore, they develop their graduates to be upcoming leaders and managers.
They ensure their graduates receive the support they need, with regular reviews and exposure to the wider business to give them the necessary experience and building blocks. In recent years, they have developed graduates across a range of departments, with many growing successful careers within the business.
An opportunity has arisen for an NPQ Graduate based in their head office at Leamington Spa. This exciting role can offer the ability to progress, through time and training to a career in New Programme Quality Engineering. The successful candidate will support the drive of quality into their product designs. They will support the delivery and reviews of the Failure Mode Avoidance (FMA) within the New Product Introduction Process, and assist in defining programmes and their content. The post-holder will work closely with Design, Technical Engineering and Customer teams in the creation of Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA), quality, engineering standards and design rules. They will work as part of a team to ensure products are developed to the highest international standards. The successful candidate will also be responsible for identifying potential problems and risks, and supporting the implementation of robust solutions before they can occur.
- Preparation of the customer FMA documents, Visual Quality standard documents, quality manuals, SC_CC etc.
- Liaising with the quality department to agree checking fixture concept strategy alignment with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Creation of design standards and design rules
- Creation of DFMEA's and internal documentation to support
- Reviewing development of Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) and control plans to assure the link for (S-) and DFMEA.
- Interpreting statistical analysis of measurement results from capability studies to define part tolerances.
- Interpreting Dimensional Variation Analysis (DVA) results and calculating linear DVA studies.
- Creation of FMA timing plans & Provide FMA timing status for quality milestones and activities for Project timing plan.
- Providing technical support to external and internal FEA/CAE teams to analyse and resolve issues
- Transferring customer design issues (AIMS etc) into lessons learnt documents and cascading actions for future part model countermeasures
- Weekly update of FMA status identifying uncompleted tasks and missed milestones
- The Company are looking for people who are passionate about quality and have a natural interest in the automotive industry.
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated, able to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and feel comfortable speaking to all different levels of personnel.
- Candidates must have a proactive approach to tasks and high levels of analytical capability. You should be capable of working to your own initiative, and competent in satisfying demanding deadlines.
- Previous experience of automation; plastic injection moulding or working within the automotive industry would be an advantage.
- Degree in an Engineering discipline (BEng/BSc)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Capable of self-management and working independently
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of statistical analysis techniques
- Excellent literacy, numeracy and IT skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced/high pressure environment
- Full driving license and willingness to travel/work from other UK Company sites as necessary(essential)
To apply for this role please select the APPLY button to send your CV.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Design Engineer, Development Engineer, Product Design Engineer, Automotive Engineer, Quality Engineer, Trainee, Quality Engineer, Graduate Quality Engineer, Graduate, Graduate Design Engineer, Trainee Engineer, Trainee Design Engineer may also be considered for this role.