Mon-Fri with early finish Friday
Pension, 25 Days Holiday, Life Assurance and more
Our client is a leading manufacturer of high precision metallic/metals manufacturing parts for a variety of specialised industries and there is a fantastic opportunity to join our client as a Finance Assistant on a permanent basis.
- Responsible for the control of Sales Ledger from point of raising invoices, credit notes and sending out customer statements to processing cash receipts.
- Working with the business to help understand variances of invoices to sales orders
- Resolve customer disputes and investigate reasons for non-payment
- Raising sales invoices and agreeing balances at month end
- Responsible for updating the cashbook and making sure the finance systems reconciles to the bank
- Updating the weekly debtors report
- Liaising with purchase ledger, payroll, and the capex teams to ensure all aspects of cash are covered
- Responsible for the submission of monthly VAT returns in line with HMRC, reconciliation and review of export evidence
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Posting of monthly general ledger journals
- Reviewing monthly expenditure to ensure month end results are accurate
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Good understanding of AR processes, VAT and variance reporting is essential
- Graduate or equivalent currently studying for recognised Professional qualification e.g. AAT, CIMA, ACCA etc.
Previous experience working within a manufacturing environment would be desirable