gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client who are looking for a Instrumentation Engineer.
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of work: 3 shifts available
Shift 1: Continental Shift Rota: Week: 1 = 5 x 12hr (Mon, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun), Week 2= 2 x 12hr (Tues, Weds)
Shift 2: Mon to Fri (6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm, 10pm-6am)
Shift 3: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm (Flexibility still required)
Salary: GBP45,000 + O/T rate = Monday to Saturday x 1.5, Sunday x 2 (Quarterly Cash Bonus of Base)
(Continental Shift = GBP234 Weekly Shift premium)
(Shift 2 = Shift Allowance)
Install, repair and maintain, electronic control equipment, PLCs and Instrumentation throughout the site. Carries out Calibration of Temperature, pressure, vacuum and other instrumentation. Performs Temperature Uniformity Surveys of Furnaces and associated Instrument/Sensor calibrations.
Set up of Combustion systems and burners for Furnaces.
- Installs, repairs, maintains and, where required, modifies various types of electronic control equipment, instrumentation and PLCs (Siemens) across the site. The work includes the following examples: furnace atmosphere and temperature control, electronic control modules for extrusion and forge presses, ultrasonic and eddy current test equipment. AC/DC Inverter drives, PLC and Automation control systems
- Examines, identifies and corrects faults in equipment by:-
- Reading and interpreting drawings, circuit diagrams and other specifications;
- Applying established or prescribed procedures or techniques for diagnosing faults and performing calibrations;
- Using test equipment such as digital meters, calibration sources and custom-built test apparatus. PLC diagnostic software.
Dismantles equipment, repairs and/or replaces faulty components and wiring. Re-assembles equipment, tests for correct functioning, and checks calibration and adjusts as necessary.
- Provides, on request and with approval of supervision, a diagnostic service to engineering, Production and Technical functions; applying advanced specialist knowledge in the electrical/electronic engineering field, which is above the level normally expected from Craft Engineers, to identify and correct faults on items of production plant and other equipment incorporating electro-hydraulic, electro-pneumatic and other relevant systems.
- Prepares reports recommending the correct operating conditions for various items of plant and, where require, trains operators and/or other engineering staff to implement them.
- When on duty on shifts or outside normal working hours, deals with emergency instrument breakdowns throughout the plant on a priority basis. Keeps the shift Supervisor/Manager informed on significant matters arising. Summons additional assistance, if required, by contacting designated senior colleague.
- Complies with procedures specified in Company documentation and currant legislation.
- Receives appropriate training when control equipment and techniques change.
- Maintains a safe, clean and tidy working environment wherever duties are carried out and adopts safe working practices at all times. Ensures that tools and equipment are maintained in a safe and secure manner.
- Performs any other reasonable duties that may be assigned.
- Works as part of a Team or Individually.
Recognition is given to the need to be available at home during weekends, on a Rota basis, to cover call outs to deal with plant breakdown
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- HNC or C&G Technician Certificate or NVQ Level 3 in relevant discipline
- Good personal and organisation skills
- Excellent PC and PLC skills
- Eye for detail
- Excellent Fault finding/diagnostic skills
Closing date is 3rd November 2019
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future