Mechanical Development Engineer
Mechanical Development Engneer
Salary is negotiable based on experience
As a mechanical development engineer, you role will vary day-to-day. It will include mostly to build rotary gasoline / heavy fuel engine of various size with associated system such as injection, oil, cooling systems
Main purpose of this role:
- You will responsible to build various innovative engineering system such as rotary engines and associated systems such as cooling, fuel, ignition with the necessary fixtures and tools to achieve the role.
- You will be engaged in the development of manufacturing methods based on lean methodology to ensure that Quality and cycle time are met.
- Proven experience as engine builder in automotive/racing environment
- Detailed base engine knowledge and associated systems (injection, cooling, etc.)
- Must be able to read technical complex drawings and tolerancing
- Must be able to read and understand BOM (Bill of Material)
- Must be able to follow written document
- Experience in Hand Assembly of Complex Units
- Excellent Use of Hand Tools
- Comfortable with the use of computers & PDM system (product data management system)
- Experience in the use of measurements tools (hardness check, torque wrenches, thermocouple, pressure sensors, engine timing clock, Vernier, micrometre)
- Can write technical reports by using standard Microsoft software (excel, word, etc.)
- General fabrication skills knowledge as cutting, machining, welding, lather, etc.
- Good Problem-Solving ability
- Must be able to design, build & test out best assembly process
- Occasional travel to UK and oversea customers
- Mechanical qualification in HND, degree level or proven experiences in a similar role
- Any required training will be given both on the job and via any specialised courses. You will work as part of a team, which includes highly experienced and sociable engineers.