HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
Required for January 2020
Salary range £24,000pa to £28,500pa (pro-rata for term-time working)
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and driven HR professional to use their knowledge and experience providing advice and guidance on a wide range of HR matters. The Human Resources Officer reports directly to the Head of HR providing generalist HR support to all staff and departments in a professional manner.
You must have a strong background working as a true HR generalist to advise on all areas of employee relations. You will need to bring a positive and cheerful disposition to the role as well as being pro-active and resilient in approach.
You must be able to build effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders at all levels and be used to working in a fast-paced HR Department. You must:
- have a minimum of CIPD Level 4 or above, with a strong HR employment history.
- have all round knowledge of employment law and best practice in providing good quality advice to managers and employees on a wide range of HR matters.
- be confident in HR processes and procedures with a good understanding of employment legislation.
- have excellent all-round experience of the recruitment and selection with an understanding of safer recruitment procedures in an educational environment.
- Be able to effectively support managers in investigations, disciplinary and grievances etc.
- be a highly proficient user of IT.
- be experienced in analysing reports and producing statistical data.
- be a good negotiator, have problem solving skill, and able to deploy tact and diplomacy in a traditional environment.
- be well organised, task orientated and able to co-ordinate and prioritise a range of activities.
- have a can-do attitude, be personable but able to be firm when needed.
We will consider candidates who want to work full-time all year round or term-time working. We offer an excellent employment package with a competitive salary.
A full recruitment pack, including job description can be obtained from www.shrewsbury.org.uk/page/hr-officer or alternatively from (01743) 280834 email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 12 noon, Monday 14th October 2019
Interviews: Friday 18 October 2019
Applicants will undergo thorough child protection screening including checks with the Disclosure & Barring Service