Production Planner required for a well-established paper packaging manufacturer. This role is a great opportunity to join a hugely successful packaging company that is continuing to grow.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Production Planner/Analyst from a production/manufacturing background, ideally FMCG or Packaging. You will have previous working experience of Excel and have a good knowledge of SAP.
Within this role, you will report into the Production Manager of the Paper Factory based in Yardley, Birmingham. You will issue work orders to a team of 13 Supervisors, and will plan production around requirements. You will be confident in working to tight deadlines and planning workload around 50 machines and 100+ factory staff. You will create production reports, as and when required, and will liaise with other departments, including Warehousing and Purchasing, to enhance production output and efficiency.
This is a critical role within a well-established manufacturing business who have long term contracts with major supermarkets and high street brands. Therefore, previous experience of working with high volume, low margin products is essential, with the ability to think fast and adapt to daily challenges in a diverse environment.
- Production planning within FMCG production environment.
- Raising work orders to Supervisors.
- Assist in the scheduling and organisation of multiple production lines.
- Generating weekly and monthly reports.
- Helping to improve productivity across site.
- Experienced Production Planner/Analyst.
- Has a background within high volume manufacturing/ FMCG.
- Excellent working knowledge of SAP and Excel.
- Commercial acumen/process costing expert.
- Confident in working to tight deadlines.
- Able to work around machine breakdowns.
- Hindi/Urdu/Panjabi, as well as English, language skills would be advantageous, due to the diversity of the workforce.