Health, Safety & Facilities Manager
Health, Safety & Facilities Manager (Higher Education Establishment)
Up to GBP40k + benefits, Hereford
Now recruiting a Health, Safety and Facilities Manager to join what aims to be a radically different University, the first new higher education establishment to launch in the UK for 40 years! Here, we are transforming the way our engineers learn; bridging the gap between education, practical learning experiences and employment.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Health, Safety and Facilities Manager will be responsible for promoting, developing an establishing a positive safety culture whilst ensuring that we meet all legal requirements for Health, Safety and Compliance. You will be the primary point of contact for all H&S and Facilities matters, and take responsibility for strategic and operational matters relating to H&S planning and the coordination of facilities. We are looking for a self-starter with excellent communication and organisation skills. This role will suit those with ambition, sound qualifications and experience to match the brief below, participating fully and actively in the management of this exciting and ground breaking organisation.
- Promote a positive health and safety culture, including at Senior Leadership Team level
- Develop and maintain all H&S policies and procedures for all of the organisation's properties and operations
- Manage risk assessments, inspections/audits, investigations, H&S training, and emergency drills
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of H&S legislation and best practice, and provide monthly updates on any relevant new or amended legislation
- Monitor the organisation's compliance with H&S policy and procedures, and formally advise the Senior Leadership Team on any noncompliance
- Coordinate the allocated resources for the management of H&S, including the appointment of H&S representatives, Display Screen Equipment Assessors, Fire Wardens and First Aiders
- Develop and maintain the Asbestos Management Plan, and advise on the relevant procedures required
- Develop, implement and maintain the H&S Management System, including but not limited to establishing and reviewing risk assessments, and monitoring records of actions taken
- Establish, develop and maintain records of site inductions for contractors and consultants
- Ensure that all accidents and near misses are reported and investigated in accordance with policy
- Identify opportunities for continuous safety improvement, and assist the Senior Leadership Team with the implementation
- Create and maintain relationships with external bodies such as local authorities and specialist groups on H&S issues
- Full NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent)
- Minimum Grad IOSH membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health
- Degree educated in a relevant science, or possess proven relevant experience in the field
- Proven experience of promoting H&S advice for a variety of locations, undertaking H&S inspections and audits, and delivering H&S training
- Knowledge of all legal and regulatory requirements in respect of H&S
- Experience of the education (or similar) environment highly desirable
- Proven ability to establish and build excellent collaborative relationships with key internal and external parties
- Excellent presentation, advocacy and communication skills;
- Ethical, flexible, collaborative, an eye for detail
Health, Safety and Facilities Manager Salary & Benefits
- Basic pay up to GBP40,000 per annum (dependent upon experience and qualification)
- Pension with company contribution of 6%
- 30 days annual leave plus statutory holidays plus site closure days
- Life assurance 3x salary and more???
Applications in writing - no agencies please. Recruitment & selection process is managed exclusively by the Dane Partnership Ltd. Please send a CV and covering letter/email of introduction to Lorna Dane.