Audit & Assurance Assistant Manager
Our client, a top 10 accountancy firm based in Birmingham City Centre, are currently looking to recruit two high calibre Commercial Audit and Assurance Assistant Managers.
It is an opportunity to work with complex, influential and exciting businesses. Auditing them takes a broad skillset. Working on controls-based auditing offers the intellectual challenge of understanding a client's business.
You'll develop relationships far beyond the main finance team, providing valuable insights to the company's Board of Directors and leadership teams.
Not only does our client offer a fantastic agile working policy, but there are also opportunities to progress at a rapid rate. From the first day you join as an Audit Assistant Manager, you will have clear but achievable targets in place for you to gain promotion.
As an Assistant Manager within the Commercial Audit & Assurance practice you will have responsibility for:
- you'll work as part of the team, leading on site audit teams, effectively providing a hands on compliance and/or advisory role that exceeds client expectations
- you'll be trusted to oversee all aspects of audit planning, fieldwork and completion for a portfolio of clients
- you'll prepare or review work papers and drafts of the financial statements
- you'll allocate work to other members of the audit team, ensuring associates understand their responsibilities and have received excellent on-the-job coaching and that any areas for development are identified
- you'll produce commercial management reports, specifically drafting sections of the report to management
Your work, your choice Location: Your home office will be Birmingham, but this client-facing role provides lots of opportunity for travel in the UK and overseas This is a permanent opportunity.
Your professional experience
- ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent);
- You'll ideally have previous experience of auditing mid-market clients
- Previous experience of working with IFRS and UK or US GAAP reporting standards;
- The ability to present client data in a clear and concise format;
- Ability to develop effective client relationships;
- Highly proficient oral and written communication skills
A clear opportunity to develop a personal development plan that will help you grow your skills. And you'll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You'll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.