Business Development Manager - Events and Venues
Are you a determined sales professional?
Do you want to work for a market leader who recognises and rewards their employees?
Working within our growing Venues & Events division, we are seeking an ambitious Business Development Manager to support our strategic goals and offer bespoke soft service solutions to our clients within the industry.
As the Business Development Manager, you will be networking, identifying opportunities and positioning OCS as a key player in the market, securing new business with new clients via various development activities, such as proactive selling, competitive tendering and generating leads from enquiries and marketing activity.
You will be our client advocate and sales lead to develop a strategic positioning within the market and ensuring the Business Development team secure and close the opportunites you provide.
This role will be based in the West Midlands but will have National coverage.
Responsibilities will include:
- Proactively identifying and developing a network of prospects and client contacts, in order to grow our market share within the Events & Venues industry
- Developing a list of target clients, from which to seek, influence and establish a strong pipeline in the market and position the OCS value offer
- Managing the end to end engagement process with clients; from initial engagement to pitch to the final contract negotiations
- Maintaining and developing a wide network of contacts within the Events & Venues sector, building relationships in the designated marketplace to ensure OCS is invited to as many tenders as possible
- Managing stakeholder relationships with key decision makers from across the business
- Representing the Company at all OCS Group meetings as required, securing new business and building intercompany networks
- Ensuring compliance to the sales governance and selection process is applied to all opportunities - the selection process from an identified lead through to bid
- Preparing and delivering all other aspects of the strategic sales process including awareness campaigns, presentations, exhibitions and general market collateral
- Developing an opportunity plan, including outline solution, to ensure the client insights and win strategy are effectively communicated within OCS and the wider business development team
- Building extensive relationships and leveraging OCS / market / advisor relationships, with each client target, ensuring multiple relationship points are developed and to manage the communication and engagement process
- Keeping abreast of the current market conditions and competitor activity
- Following up and providing feedback on sales leads and tender opportunities
- Being up to date with all new industry innovations and OCS value offers, collaborating with Heads of Service and the solution specialists
- Maintaining and updating the salesforce system to ensure accurate sales reporting
- Strong IT literacy
- Professional memberships of Networking Forums, BIFM etc. - desirable
Working experience/Personal attributes
- Strong experience in Business Development or Sales within the Facilities Management/Soft Services industry, working with Stadium, Events Venues and National Events clients
- Proven experience of nurturing and maintaining relationships from inception to close of sale and implementation
- Good understanding of the Soft Services sector
- Ability to listen, understand and generate a solution to client needs
- Positive mental attitude
- Must have the ability to interpret, manage and present information in an innovative manner
- Be commercially aware with total commitment to customer service and development
- Good communication, organisational and analytical skills
- Ability to work autonomously whilst also being part of a wider team and a track record of winning new business
The OCS Group is one of the UK's leading providers of facilities management and property support services, employing over 25,000 people in the UK. We have been at the forefront of developing integrated Facilities Management, becoming a seamless extension of our clients' businesses by delivering best in class services. How have we achieved such success? It is through our dedicated teams of industry experts who work in partnership with our clients to deliver innovative FM solutions.