SECURITY OPERATIONS MANAGER RETAIL
SECURITY OPERATIONS MANAGER (RETAIL)
Cordant Security Ltd is seeking an experienced individual with a strong knowledge of the Retail Security Business Environment we are offering:
Salary - GBP27500 per annum
Area - BIRMINGHAM
Company Vehicle & Fuel Card, I pad, Laptop and Smart Phone
25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
The successful candidate will be required to cover a large catchment area in and around Birmingham and surrounding areas.
To manage a portfolio of a specific security contract to agreed Service Level Agreements made with the specific clients ensuring the provision of an agreed and efficient security service.
NATURE & SCOPE:-
The post holder will manage the day-to-day running of a specific security contract maintaining client contact at all levels including Group Shrink and Security Managers, Store Security Team Managers and Store Managers.
It will be necessary to ensure client satisfaction and also be responsible for the welfare and performance of security personnel.
The post holder will be required to work in accordance with the operational demands of the business which will involve undertaking site visits sometimes at weekends and at night. Additionally reacting to sudden impacts on the client's business like civil disorder, protests, crime and terrorist threats. Regarding retail crime to be a source of intelligence and share with the client's staff appropriately. To understand and implement the client's security policy and procedures.
- Maintain client satisfaction and effective security provision to the contract to meet the client SLA and KPIs categories to an acceptable level.
- Regularly review the performance of the security officer team, train and develop along and within the Security Industry Standards and client-specific needs.
- Provide line management responsibility to Store Security Team Managers, Group Shrink and Security Managers and Store Managers appropriate to format.
- Provide line responsibility to security officers including all aspects of disciplinary, grievance and welfare issues under the guidance of the Human Resources Manager.
- Ensure that regular client contact is maintained by client meetings and that stringing working relationships are forged to ensure customer focus is paramount.
- Regularly conduct site visits and progress reports to discuss issues and agree to solutions promptly.
- Conduct regularly 1 to 1 meetings and site visits to appraise security personnel of issues and developments within the company and client domain.
- Liaise regularly with the Recruitment Manager on all recruitment issues and ensure up to date information about vacancies is readily available and carry out interviews for the needs of the client.
- Regularly review client requirements and feedback and discuss all issues arising with the Regional Operations Manager or the National Account Director as appropriate.
- Participate in joint presentations when required by the Sales Team for new tenders or tender reviews.
- Have a good understanding of the portfolio P and L Account.
- Where applicable ensure the mandatory administration deadlines are completed.
- In addition to these functions, employees are required to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Be aware of sudden business impacts and react to issues with the agreed response time.
- Regarding retail crime to be a source of intelligence and share with the client's staff appropriately to prevent crime.
- Ensure that Health & Safety procedures are in place and risk assessment is reviewed regularly in accordance with the assignment instructions.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with the clients and ensure that customer focus is paramount.
- Provide timely reports and reviews of contract as appropriate and ensure that the Regional Operations Manager and National Account Director are aware of any issues.
- Evaluate client satisfaction through SLA, KPIs, surveys and feedback received and react swiftly and appropriately to maintain satisfaction.
- Service delivery 98.5% of client requested hours as a minimum
- Service deliver the KPI standard specific to the client.
- React and investigate complaints and respond promptly to the relevant source.
- Proven management experience.
- Previous operational experience within the security industry.
- SIA Licence - Front line Security Guarding, Door Supervision or Close Protection
- Sound client awareness and customer focus.
- Sound decision-making skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and administration skills.
- A good understanding of IT systems.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Be committed to equal opportunities and possess a positive and sensitive approach to the needs of the clients.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer