We have a fantastic job opportunity for an outstanding Events Administrator or Team PA in Newcastle-Under-Lyme. The Events Administrator will be an integral member of the successful, fun and busy Events and Challenges Team that sits within the Fundraising Department.
About the Charity
The organisation works to transform the lives of disabled children and their families, enabling them to challenge the barriers they face throughout childhood by providing equipment, treatment, therapies and Family Support Services.
About the Role
The Events Team are looking for a highly organised personable individual with good communication skills who can provide vital support to their daily activity. The role involves a lot of telephone work, building relationships with new contacts, cleansing existing data, sourcing new data and being responsible for keeping the CRM system up to date.
You will be an impressive administrator or experienced PA, who can confidently handle the tasks below amongst others:
• Letter writing, phone calls, database management.
• Raising PO's and internal paperwork.
• Able to talk passionately about the charity, chatting with supporters and responding to emails, issuing guest packs or fundraising packs.
• Demonstrate a proactive and can-do attitude, displaying initiative and creativity to help the team with everything from securing auction prizes to packing the van to getting past a PA to make a sale.
• Unafraid of rolling up your sleeves to get the job done, whether that's in the office, on an outdoor event day registration or at a gala dinner.
• Event research
• Being the team expert in our CRM and IT systems
• Managing guest lists
Other responsibilities as Events Administrator / Team PA
• Ensure all cash allowance vehicles are checked regularly and issue the forms to HR Dept
• Update content for events and challenges on the website
• Looking after a number of departmental volunteers and development of volunteers
• General research for events including researching contacts for specific events to sponsor, attend or work with, plus high net worth individuals and luxury brands.
• Calls to supporters and following up with fundraisers to ensure they remain motivated and on target, to ensure they have the resources they need and send out when required.
• Stock checks of prizes, donated goods, store cupboards and charity clothing.
• Organising monthly staff meetings, executing minutes and chasing and completing actions.
• Management of closing events with thank you's, feedback forms and chasing any final amounts due.
The successful person for the position of Events Administrator / Team PA will need to be learn quickly, on the job whilst multi-tasking and prioritising their workload. You will have a team mentality, be capable of focussing in a busy office, and you are IT literate.
You'll also have the following skills and attributes:
• Good level of education including GSCE (or equivalent) in English and Maths grade A-C.
• Experience in administration or a PA role.
• Competent in the use of Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Good understanding of the principles of customer (supporter) care and desire to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Excellent communicator both written and verbal, who pays attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to build effective working relationships at all levels within the organisation.
• Demonstrates initiative and drive.
• Strong interpersonal, influencing & negotiating skills.
As an Events Administrator you will work 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. There is a salary on offer of up to GBP18k with a GBP1k performance related bonus depending on experience. You will be flexible to support events outside of the working hours.
How to Apply
Please note, as with all posts within this Charity, the role of Events Administrator is subject to a standard DBS check.
Please note that eRecruitSmart is a Recruitment Agent and not a direct employer. Your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager at the company who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied to. Please only apply if you consent to these terms.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Charity, events, administration, Excel, PowerPoint,