Maintenance Team Leader
Senior Reliability Maintenance Engineering (RME) Technician
My client is global leader in what they do, and a well known name in almost every household around the UK. The company have invested over 9.3 million in the UK Economy since 2010 and employ over 27,500 skilled workers across the UK.
They are now looking for a Senior Maintenance Engineer to join their already successful team in a state of the art automated warehouse.
In return you can expect a great benefits package, progression and the opportunity to work for a forward thinking business that recognises and rewards achievement.
- To provide supervision and leadership to Maintenance Technicians
- To develop training plans for direct reports
- To carry out Performance Reviews
- To develop and deliver Preventive Maintenance programs
- To install, maintain, and troubleshoot all FC systems including power distribution, automated material handling equipment, conveyance, packaging machines, labelling machines, HVAC and all other operational equipment.
- Experience in installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting any of the following: relay logic, ladder diagrams, controls components, sensors & scanners, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, solenoids, servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, sorters and encoders
- Preferably with experience working on PLC's and PLC programs, ability to troubleshoot ladder logic, components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules, and devices) and communications modules (Ethernet)
- To act as an ambassador for safety within the team and to promote safe working across the site
- To repair and maintain Bus Systems for example profibus, asibus
- To mentor technicians by motivating, providing guidance and directions to help them achieve their goals
- To develop and maintain a good working relationship across all levels in the organisation
- Ability to provide enriched feedback to enhance individual performance
- Ability to prioritise and manage resources under high pressure
- 5 GCSE, NVQ Level 3, ONC/D, HNC, C&G 2330, 17th Ed. Apprentice Trained
- Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines with at least 5 years' experience in automation or complex MHE environments.
- Solid foundational knowledge of PLC based controls systems.
- Experience using CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management Systems) to plan proactive maintenance and record reactive tasks.
- Understanding of OEE and equipment performance metrics.
- Knowledge of Statutory Compliance requirements.
- Experience in mentoring and developing junior technicians.
- Experience of contractor management.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot under high pressure.
- Ability to communicate (written & verbal) in English.
- Ability to work shifts in a 24/7 environment.
- HNC, HND, BSc, BEng
- Demonstrated ability to manage, lead, and influence others on the team
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritise many different projects and workload
- Experience of multi-contractor management
- Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
- Leadership experience/aptitude, ability to mentor and develop training plans for other service technicians
- Experience with packaging machines
- Six Sigma qualification
- Experience in a multi-site environment
- Experience in international environment
- Knowledge in OEE and EAM tools
- GBP45 - 50k including shift allowance and bonuses
- Signing on bonus GBP5k paid in lump sum in first year
- Signing on bonus GBP5k paid 12 equal payments in second year
- Shares (valued at approx GBP1500 each)
- Subsidised Health Care
- Overtime and progression
- Pays up to 95% of tuition and associated fees for permanent employees to undertake nationally talents
To apply contact Pam or send your CV to
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.