SCS Systems Hardware Engineer, Contract, Staffordshire
We are looking for an SCS Systems Hardware Engineer on a contract basis for a 6-12 months in Staffordshire.
You will join the existing SCS team to perform all aspects of implementation of Substation Control Systems (SCS); from design through to installation and commissioning on site. Suitable candidate must be able to communicate effectively with the customer, have the ability to interpret customer requirements (including schedules, drawings etc.), have an understanding of system engineering design and be prepared to be involved in and eventually lead site visits for the purpose of survey and installation work (including the preparation of associated risk evaluation/method statements). Suitable candidate would also be involved in an extensive SCS upgrade programme.
This position would suit someone who has a good grounding in systems engineering and enjoys working in an engineering environment, who is keen to work on site and become involved in all aspects of a project and is keen to learn and develop new skills as part of an experienced and committed team.
- Experience of Substation Secondary Systems (Protection and Control)
- Knowledge/Experience of the ABB Substation Control Systems
- At least, educated to HND level in an Electrical Engineering discipline.
Preferably educated to degree level in relevant subject(s).
- Computer literate with Autocad Electrical and Excel experience.
- Capable of good customer communications.
- Methodical approach to the interpretation of customer requirements.
- Hold a current full driving licence (UK or be able to easily convert to full UK)
- Must be willing to go for a basic disclosure Scotland check.
- Experience of database configuration and system validation work.
- Experienced in the Pacis and/or DS Agile Control System
- Experience of ABB LON.
If you are interested in this role then please send me your latest CV or call me in the Progressive Manchester offices.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales