IT Technical Support Apprentice
Do you want to work within a tight knit, friendly group of IT professionals? Our employer in Cannock is looking for an IT Apprentice to join their team!
40 hours per week
Detailed Job Description:
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an IT Technical Support Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
We are looking to recruit an IT Technical Support Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As a Microsoft Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
• Becoming a valued part of the IT Support team.
• Learning how to provide technical support.
• Assisting in customer projects and support activities as skills allow.
• Gaining on the job experience and being able to utilize the skills you have gained over the duration of your apprenticeship.
• Helping the existing staff, and the other sub-contractors partnered with, to deliver IT support services to clients.
• Learning how to handle telephone support calls as well as incoming helpdesk emails.
• Managing the helpdesk system, ensuring all calls are handled within appropriate timescales.
• Working on resolving the first line support where capable, and working with more experienced staff to help resolve more complex issues or referring to second/third line support staff where necessary.
• Updating company systems.
Your day-to-day tasks will include supplying first line support to customers, assisting with PC builds and assisting the Senior Engineer with networking.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
About the Company
Since 1999, our employer has been supporting West Midlands businesses with their IT problems. Based in Norton Canes in Cannock, they have a fantastic reputation with all of their customers and the local community. Their team isn't one to hide behind a computer screen; they are a tight knit family who frequently socialise on the weekends. They are proud to have an excellent team of techies, administrators and marketers who excel in everything from Hardware, Software, Microsoft, Apple, Training and Web Administration who make it their mission to get to know their clients.
• You will be highly organised, have excellent communication skills and a brilliant telephone manner.
• You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn.
• You will be flexible, adaptable, possess the ability to multitask and have good interpersonal skills.
• You will have a passion for all things IT!
The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service.
Location - Cannock, WS11
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.45am - 5.15pm
Wage = GBP192 per week