- Contract Type
In this busy, varied role, you'll be the mediator between Buying, Stores Operations and Trading - taking into account conflicting needs and coming up with a solution that works for everyone.
Our Merchandising Department is a little bit different from most other organisations. Our added-value comes from the quality products we sell and the volume we sell it at. Yes, we merchandise our products on cases and pallets. But that doesn't mean it can't be attractive to our customers (and practical for the store too). We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Merchandising Assistant to join our Merchandising team.
• Develop merchandising plans in line with the Merchandising Review calendar, working closely with the relevant Buying Director.
• Ensure all merchandising layouts are profitable, operationally efficient, customer focused and appropriate in terms of product mix, layout and the trading environment of our stores.
• Understand and adhere to department processes.
• Ensure all planograms are issued to stores in a timely manner.
• Operate the space planning software system (Spaceman) and ensure the information contained within is kept up to date. Provide feedback to the Merchandising Manager to ensure systems are fit for purpose and meet ongoing needs.
• Handle and understand data, both internal and from external providers.
• Carry out space utilisation analysis on an ongoing basis to develop category and store level sales. Make suggestions for improvements.
• Maintain the store planogram folders, ensuring they are up to date at all times.
• Conduct store visits where necessary, including visiting competitors stores.
• Deal with day to day activities arising within the merchandising department.
• Ensure that a polite and professional manner is maintained in all internal/external communications.
• Contribute positively and constructively to the merchandising team.
• Retail experience and knowledge of relevant merchandising systems (preferably Spaceman).
• Experience using Merchandising plans
• Administration skills, with the ability to work under pressure in a calm and pro-active manner
• Effective communicator with individuals on all levels, with strong interpersonal skills
• Highly analytical and commercially aware
• Great attention to detail
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office
Working hours: Monday - Friday 8am-4:30pm