Project Manager - Machinery
We are looking to recruit a Project Manager for our client who is a world leader in automation machine supply and other package solutions.
The Project/Contracts management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of new packaging machinery projects (Export & UK) on time within budget and within the agreed scope. Overseeing all aspects of each project through to Site Acceptance by the end user. Monitoring critical Milestones and summarise progress of each project providing regular reports for upper management detailing the status of the projects.
The successful candidate will work directly with clients, agents and other divisions within the group to ensure a successful outcome to each project. He or she will coordinate with other departments to ensure each project is completed on time and to the correct specifications.
- Organise Project kick off meetings and process new order documentation
- SAP WBS creation and maintenance
- Generation of internal specifications for each machine to be manufactured
- Coordination of 3rd Party and intercompany suppliers
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed milestone driven project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to identify and mitigate project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet budgetary objectives
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Hosting customer visits and FAT's
- Hosting customers outside of normal office hours
- 4 years' experience in project management
- HNC/HND, or equivalent, in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office & Microsoft Project
The candidate must process a clean UK driving license and may be required to travel overseas if required.
The work is varied and interesting and as part of the team you would be expected to liaise and interact with all departments of the company in your everyday work. As a contract / project manager it is essential to be a good communicator. This is an excellent opportunity for a keen, talented contracts or project manager to join a well-respected internationally renowned company with a starting salary of GBP30,000 - GBP40,000 + an additional, generous benefits package.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales