Category Marketing Manager
Category Marketing Manager
-33 days holiday
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a category marketing manager to join a leading UK FMCG business. You will part of a friendly marketing team and will be focused on driving growth with key customers through category analysis, insight and market understanding. You will play a pivotal role within the team to identify and maximise business growth.
- Responsible for the creation and execution of category strategy and recommendations to customers.
- Visiting household names to complete regular customer site visits
- Responsible for conducting market and category reviews with our key customers.
- Creation of insight to drive the strategic direction of the accounts.
- Provide relevant ad-hoc market data to internal and external customers.
- Manage supplier relationships regarding data and research to budget.
- Analyse and make recommendations internal and external across key areas covering shopper, strategic planning, promotions, product, pricing & ranging/space management.
- Track via retail insight team what competitors are doing.
- Review and analyse promotional activity to understand what works well.
- Create charters and project leadership for solution areas (inc NPD, packaging etc) to deliver successful category initiatives.
- Proven experience of Marketing Management principles and category management, ideally within a FMCG or retail business
- Experience of shopper and consumer data (EPOS, Panel data)
- Skilled at interrogating EPOS and panel data to develop strategies
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, persuasion and presentation skills.
- Strong numeracy, analytical and data interpretation skills.
- An understanding of the UK marketplace, consumers, shoppers and retailers
- An understanding of social media and on-line retailing.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Be a self-starter who is able to use own initiative for tasks
- Enthusiasm and awareness for new trends and ideas
- Category Management insight and strategies (Pricing, Ranging, Merchandising)
- Retail customer understanding
- 33 days holiday
- Car, mobile and laptop
- Pension 6% matched
- Fun team environment
- Career progression opportunities
If you have previous customer service or sales experience, apply today to Resource Group today
RE acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
RE Recruitment would like to thank you for applying for the above role. We do try to come back to all applications however if you haven't heard from a consultant within 5 working days, this unfortunately means that you have been unsuccessful.