Our Birmingham office is looking for a Receptionist to join the team. This role would suit someone who enjoys dealing with people, making them feel welcome and comfortable. The Receptionist will be the first point of call for clients and therefore will need to have a warm, but professional approach.
Birmingham office is located at the heart of the Colmore Business District in Birmingham City Centre and is very close to the vibrant heart of the City.
There are around 55 people in the office and it's a friendly and relaxed environment. The office is open plan and located in a professional office building which is shared with one of the large legal firms. New team members tell us that they find the office welcoming and easy to integrate into, they find it easy to make friends and build relationships.
MacIntyre Hudson is a growing, award winning firm of chartered accountants with people at the heart of everything we do. We have an excellent benefits package available for our staff and this role comes with a competitive salary.
- Answer switchboard and take/relay messages as appropriate
- Greet visitors, sign visitors in and out
- Receive deliveries
- Organise couriers
- Take/organise bookings for meeting rooms
- Arrange catering for lunches/meetings and order/keep stock
- Collate/update telephone extension lists
- Arrange installation of telephone requirements (where appropriate)
- Report and arrange work on broken telephones
- Programme the phone system (where appropriate)
- Secretarial duties (if required)
- Open, scan and distribute daily post, and deal with outgoing post
- Scanning of documents and upload to CCH
- Ad hoc duties as and when required
Skills and experience
- Switchboard experience (minimum 6 months)
- Good client service skills
- Good communication skills
- Good telephone manner
- Positive image
If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply within. For more information, please contact a member of the Recruitment Team.
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA Macintyre Hudson is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers, or used in any way during the selection process.