Health and Safety Consultant
Our Client, a well-established Health and Safety Consultancy based in Birmingham City Centre are looking for an experienced Health and Safety Consultant to join their team.
A competitive salary of GBP25,000 -GBP35,000 based on experience.
The successful Health and Safety Consultant will be required to:-
- Write and amend Method Statements and Risk Assessments (RAMs).
- Conduct onsite risk assessments. Audits, inspections and GAP analysis.
- Provide advice on general safety requirements to include; training, legislation, accident recording and protective clothing and equipment.
- Produce reports with clear action plans to adhere to agreed SLAs.
- Undertake COSHH Assessments.
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service.
- Provide over the phone and email advice and support to dedicated client base.
- Support in the preparation of all H&S documentation.
- Advise Clients on best practice with the aim of preventing accidents, injuries and health problems in the workplace.
- Ensure all documentation is in line with current H&S legislation.
- Complete SSIP applications including CHAS, SMAS and SafeContractor.
The ideal Health and Safety Consultant will have:-
- Experience of working within health and safety, ideally as a Health and Safety Coordinator, Manager or Consultant.
- Experience undertaking risk assessments and method statements.
- Experience working within the construction sector (desirable not essential).
- Experience completing SSIP applications, (CHAS, SafeContractor.) (Desirable.)
- NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum.
- Tech IOSH + status.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An understanding of CDM regulations.
- Strong IT skills.
- A tactful but assertive manner.
- Logical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to cope under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Ability to build strong business relationships.
- Full driving licence and own vehicle (essential.)
Benefits to include:-
- Competitive salary of GBP25,000 - GBP35,000 depending on experience.
- Opportunity to progress within Health and Safety.
- Working hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm.
- 33 days holiday.
- Opportunity to join profitability based bonus scheme.
- Start date ASAP.
- Opportunity to work from home if desired.
Please be advised that we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.