Part Time Administrator
Due to an internal move we are looking for a highly efficient Administrator to join our Birmingham office. Your main responsibility will be to provide administrative support to the Birmingham Office and to support the efficient and effective operation of the Front of House to ensure that clients and visitors are welcomed to the office.
You will primarily be based in the Birmingham office, but you will also be required to support the Lichfield Front of House by providing holiday and sickness cover.
The working hours will be 11.00 am to 4.45pm Monday to Friday with 45 minutes for lunch. Additional hours will be needed for holiday cover.
Dains is a regional firm of accountants & business advisers specialising in growing owner managed businesses in the Midlands. Our primary offices are in Birmingham, Burton on Trent, Derby, Lichfield, Rugeley and Stoke on Trent. Our services include accountancy, audit, business recovery, forensic accounting, insolvency, corporate finance and tax advice.
- Scanning of documentation, including use of CCH Document Management (Dains electronic filing system), eg original documents, accounts, tax computations, CT600s etc, archiving of tax files.
- General filing and archiving including setting up and managing permanent files
- Collation and binding of documents
- Support with preparation and franking of outgoing mail
- Photocopying and faxing
- General administrative support to the Birmingham office and Lichfield office as agreed from time to time
Support to Front of House function at Birmingham:
- To assist in facilitating meeting room bookings, including setting up for meetings (eg refreshments, food, equipment) and clearing away.
- To provide lunch time cover for the Front of House, welcoming visitors to the office and ensuring that signing in procedures are adhered to.
- Passing on messages to Dains personnel in a timely manner.
- Drafting staff whereabouts information on a daily basis.
- To provide holiday cover as and when required (holidays will need to be co-ordinated with colleagues)
- Supporting the Team PAs to ensure that the office presents a professional image at all times
Support to Front of House function at Lichfield:
- To provide holiday and sickness cover for the Lichfield front of house, subject to any cover not conflicting with the primary role at Birmingham. Duties would include:
- Operating the central switchboard system
- Facilitating meetings and welcoming visitors to the office
- To be smartly attired
- To be approachable and friendly with colleagues and clients alike
- To remain calm in all situations and be willing to demonstrate flexibility
- Ability to use own initiative where required
- Recognises the need for and importance of confidentiality in all aspects of their work
- Good attention to detail
- Good oral and written skills
- To promote the firm by developing a good understanding of all Dains services and associated businesses
- To attend firm-wide administration meetings as required
- Ability to use/learn software and systems operated by the company as appropriate (eg scanning, time and client management system, document management system)
- To have a good understanding of Outlook and any other packages which are relevant to the role
- Ability to understand and / or learn how to use the telecommunications system
- Accurate keyboard skills and ability to accurately proofread work undertaken
- 25 days annual leave (plus normal statutory bank holidays)
- Study Support
- Buying and selling annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payment of professional subscriptions
- Regular reviews and training
- Smart working hours
- Group staff pension scheme
- Death in service of 4 times salary
- Volunteer days
- Refer a friend / client Scheme
- Wellbeing refreshments
- Optional health / dental
- Bespoke Dains portal to include discount for gym membership, car/household insurance, travel, retail, going out etc
- Quarterly drinks events
- Summer / Christmas social