Performance Coach - North West Midlands
Job reference number 108521
Performance Coach - North West Midlands
Salary: From GBP43,484 per annum, plus 10% business related bonus and 25 days annual leave.
North West Midlands Mail Centre, Sun Street, Wolverhampton, WV1 1AA
About the role
Reporting into the Service Delivery Leader, the Performance Coach has a multi-disciplinary remit to coach DOMs and their teams in all aspects of Delivery performance and is accountable for performance improvement across the CBS measures and for supporting effective delivery of the operational unit plan. The focus of the Performance Coach should be performance improvement using a progressive approach, evolving from basic transactional coaching through to a more transformational change coaching approach over time, as managerial capability and confidence grow and the coaching model matures. Provides coaching on a 121 basis, through small groups and team events to address underperformance and drive continuous performance improvement
You will require a high level of communication and coaching skills to effectively act as a multi-disciplinary coach providing support on performance improvement (scope of coaching to include quality, safety and fleet) and a standardised way of working. Using your influencing and team work experience, you will be accountable together with the DOM and their team for achieving performance improvement and benefit realisation at a unit level through coaching and building strong working relationships with delivery office teams (including CWU) and wider delivery /operational stakeholders and partners.
The placed applicant will build on One Plan and Delivery simplification providing coaching interventions in line with the operational and functional seasonal calendar of events for; CBS measure focus; quality assurance; safety; fleet; resource management; change deployment; supporting the adoption of key people process. The role will require you to work closely with functional SMEs and Business Partners to inform continuous performance improvement in coaching activity across the scorecard and to be accountable for improving knowledge and developing a sustainable capability base of DOMs and DLMs to enable them to achieve unit performance goals. Using high level leadership skills, you will engage support from WPCs and Change Leads ensuring, where appropriate, delivery to the front line takes place.
North West Midlands
You must be flexible to travel.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills and express these in their application and at the assessment board:
• An accredited coach / willing to qualify to the agreed level
• Proven ability of coaching and influencing others in a matrix environment to adopt to new practices and experiences, particularly at workplace level
• Emotionally intelligent with ability to role model leadership, behavioural and cultural change
• Awareness of learning opportunities that can be signposted to help increase performance
• A track record of role modelling behavioural change effectively / experienced in delivering behavioural change in complex and difficult environments through coaching
• Good Understanding of Royal Mail standard delivery office management tools and approaches and appreciation of functional interfaces
• Experience of working with delivery office teams to implement national standards, ways of working and efficiency / productivity improvements desirable
• Credible with ability to build relationships and engage with stakeholders at all levels essential
• Understanding of Continuous improvement methodology
• Experience of working in complex and challenging IR/ER environment
As a Royal Manager you will be invited to attend our comprehensive, work and classroom based induction programme. This may require a short period of time staying away from home in the initial weeks of your time in role.
At Royal Mail we connect companies, customers and communities across the country, delivering a 'one-price-goes-anywhere', universal postal service to more than 30 million addresses. As a FTSE 100 Company, we are focused on being recognised as the best delivery company in the UK and across Europe.
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all of our job applicants.
Closing Date: 24th September 2019. Please note, this advert may close early if the appropriate number of applications has been reached.
Office Manager, QA, Quality Assurance, Administrative, Quality, Technology