Senior Corporate Events Manager
Your new role
As Senior Corporate Events Manager, you will develop the strategy and calendar of corporate events for the coming year. This will include participation at externally organised events whilst also delivering a number of Highways England organised events.
The role owner is responsible for ensuring that the events programme helps deliver the communications and business objectives of Highways England.
Flagship industry events include Highways UK and Traffex, whilst our highest profile Highways England event is our annual Highways England Awards, due to take place in April next year.
You will use your knowledge and previous experience to expertly select the right platforms for engaging with our wide range of customers and stakeholders, critical for enhancing Highways England's reputation.
Bidding for budget and managing external contractors, such as our events agency are important aspects of the role, as is responding to company-wide requests for events and directing as appropriate.
Some travel will be required, within England. Due to the nature of events, there may also be a request to work outside of normal working hours from time to time but this would only be is an occasional occurrence.
You will manage two people directly, including one apprentice. You will also be managing two people indirectly.
What you'll be leading on
* Developing the corporate events programme and ensure that it is delivered effectively in line with objectives and budget.
* Working with members of the Communications Directorate, the wider business, agencies and external event organisers to identify opportunities, options and solutions to meet the current and future events needs of the organisation.
* Setting the Events objectives, targets and evaluation overall and for specific events.
* You will demonstrate personal credibility, integrity and capability across the function to form strong and influential relationships with relevant colleagues and external event organisers.
* Work collaboratively across the organisation to share best practice and provide event support where possible to regional and programme-related events.
* Provide a source of authoritative event advice to managers and other colleagues.
To be successful
* Five years previous experience managing large corporate events.
* You will have experience working in a project management environment.
* You will have people management experience.
* You will have experience in budget management and have excellent organisational skills.
* You will have excellent communication skills and are able to maximise resource and efficiencies.
A bit about us
The Corporate Affairs and Communications Directorate is responsible for building and maintaining a robust and positive reputation for Highways England with all its audiences, internal and external. The Directorate includes a full range of communications disciplines which provide support to the business including media relations, public relations, stakeholder engagement, creative, digital, marketing and internal communications.
Want to find out more?
Take a look at the role profile for more information
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We're proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it - then you'll be a great fit for our organisation.
We reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.