Client Relationship Manager
Our client is seeking a Client Relationship Manager to joint their Birmingham office.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of client work to agreed deadlines to comply with legislative and clients requirements.
- Day to day management of client relationships with trustees, scheme members and corporate clients.
- Preparing for and where appropriate participating in trustee meetings.
- Managing complex pensions queries and pensions consultative advice.
- Managing ad-hoc projects and exercises, e.g. Scheme closure, data audit reports, liability reduction exercises.
- Ensuring projects are fully monitored and completed in line with customer and legislation requirements.
- Monitoring on going procedural developments and implementing changes to procedures where required.
- Contributing to technical sub-committees (TSC) and technical administration discussions.
- Managing the administration billing process.
- Keeping abreast of technical and legislative developments within the pensions industry.
Knowledge & experience
- The role requires a combination of strong technical skills and the ability to manage client relationships at a senior level.
- You must be able to demonstrate a very thorough knowledge of pension administration activities and the ability to apply this knowledge to any scheme.
- You must have experience of Defined Contributions (DC) schemes.
- Previous pensions administration experience of Defined Benefits (DB) schemes is required.
- You must be able to demonstrate a very wide and deep knowledge of the various key areas of pensions legislation including pensions taxation, contracting out and preservation.
- Proven experience of handling complex member queries and calculations is essential.
- Previous presentations experience is required in order to lead in client meetings and new business presentations.
- Previous project management experience would be required to perform pension administration project-based work.
- IT proficient, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
Training, education & qualification
- Educated to a minimum of A Level or Degree or equivalent standard.
- Ideally a minimum of three C grades or above at A Level or equivalent qualification.
- Strong Maths and English GCSE or equivalent qualification - minimum grade B.
- APMI (or deemed qualified by experience).