Document Controller/Site Administrator
DOCUMENT CONTROLLER/SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SALARY UP TO GBP26K DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
START DATE - 23/09/2019
Our client, a people-focused business that works in partnership with our customers to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Their specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants. They now require a Document Controller/Site Administrator to join their team based in Warwick Town Centre.
- The document controller is responsible for an organisation's documents. The role involves coordinating with the different departments within the business and ensuring that documents are kept in the right location and are accessible to all appropriate departments/clients.
- The role often involves working to deadlines and ensuring that all departments are following the same procedures with regards to documents and control.
Responsibilities & Duties
Policy, Procedure and Communication
- In ensuring that documents are in the right location, they are categorised according to the type of document. This involves checking and approving documents before they are filed and liaising with internal and external agencies to ensure that documents contain correct and understandable information regards their categorisation.
- Excellent organisational skills and to be familiar with effective filing. Must have the ability to monitor and evaluate systems and to look for improvements
- Good communication skills are important to be able to co-ordinate the organisation's different departments. Additionally, an understanding of the organisation's business matters is crucial so as to be able to identify and control documents effectively
Specifics of the role include:
- Receive enquiries from clients, log enquiry into sales management system, make a folder for the job with all the relevant information, drawings and specs
- Update daily jobs log
- Attend weekly tender review meetings
- Decline jobs
- Access the client issues drawings via intranet sites for latest drawing revisions
- Printing drawings and specs
- Archiving files in line with data protection and disaster recovery policy
- Binding, scanning, copying and filing
Experience & Skills
- Previous experience as a document controller in a similar environment would be essential
- Typing and IT skills to an appropriate standard are essential in relation to software for digital communication, correspondence, reports, registers, spreadsheets, databases, presentations, other document preparation and control (MS Office, Word, PPT, Excel, Access etc)
- Previous experience of working with a digital document control system (such as EPLASS, BIW, Build Online, Fusion, BC) would be advantageous
- An ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other members of the teams, other members of the contractor's teams and third parties
- Organised, capable, friendly and helpful character required
- Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met
- Good contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions
- Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors
If you are interested in this excellent Document Controller/Site Administrator opportunity, please submit your CV to Laura Conroy.
Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, occasionally due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible and we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. We will keep your details on file and may contact you with future opportunities.