Logistics and Supply Chain Manager
Logistics Manager - Temperature Controlled
GBP52,540 rising to GBP76,495
Our client, a globally recognised food retailer, is recruiting for a Logistics Manager to join their Corporate Head Office based in Atherstone.
Are you strategic and forward-thinking? This role is about looking at the strategy to make sure every stage of the supply chain, right back to the source, works effectively.
You could be dealing with a supplier in Spain one week and Slough the next. You will be trusted, encouraged and motivated to own an area of the Temperature Controlled Supply Chain and make the right decisions.
It can be demanding, challenging and fast-paced. But if you're ready to apply yourself and keep improving, it can be hugely rewarding, too.
To be successful you must have experience in Man-Management, a minimum of 2 years' experience within Temperature Controlled or Produce Supply Chain and possess a 2:1 Degree or above,as you will be responsible for leading a strong internal team and ensuring constructive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders of all levels.
The successful Logistics Manager will be responsible for:
- Leads, manages, develops and trains their Logistics Assistants and Logistics Administrators
- Develops and maintains constructive working relationships with logistics service providers. Manages the Logistics service providers within contract guidelines, ensuring performance is monitored and recorded to aid in continuous improvement
- Identifies, investigates and proposes cost saving opportunities within the supply chain and develops operational plans for implementation, while ensuring due diligence, stakeholder engagement, and accuracy of data is completed and up to date
- Obtains and verifies transport rates from Logistics service providers to determine market rates for specific lanes
- Reviews proposed logistics routes for operational viability and cost effectiveness
- Conducts Logistics service provider audits in relation to movement of consignments, temperature and delivery window adherence
- Checks domestic and international freight invoices against contract rates in preparation for authorization
- Resolves any service provision issues that may arise in consultation with the Corporate Logistics Director
- Carries out visits to suppliers, Logistics service providers and freight forwarders where necessary
- Monitors Logistics costs including fuel costs, freight costs and currency exchange rates
- Works closely with other Logistics Managers to ensure consistency, alignment and efficiency where areas overlap and to continuously improve service and cost
- Develops and maintains a register of domestic and international freight rates ensuring information is up to date
- Maintains a register of statutory requirements ensuring all information is up to date
- Coordinates records ensuring information is up to date and accurate at all times
- Ensures adherence to all legal requirements in his/her area of responsibility
- Carries out year-end tasks
- Supervises use of route optimization/transport management applications for inbound and outbound freight to ensure that region/division transport requirements are met on daily basis (if applicable)
- Calculates and confirms deliveries and backhaul charges (if applicable)
- Coordinates with internal/external route optimization application providers to resolve any system issues and maintain continuous operations of all logistics applications critical to route generation and escalate issue resolution as required (if applicable)
- Liaises with pallet pooling suppliers to coordinate and monitor national requirements (if applicable)
The successful Logistics Manager must possess:
- 2:1 Degree or above
- 12 months experience working within a FMCG retail environment
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience in a Management role
- Supply Chain and Logistics industry qualifications would be desirable
- 5 years Team Management experience
- 2 years' experience within Temperature Controlled or Produce Supply Chain
Other skills the successful candidate must have are:
- Team Management
- Strong Communicator
- Management of 3PL
- Cost Savings
- Budget Management
The successful Logistics Manager can expect:
- Salary GBP52,540 rising to GBP76,495 DOE
- 5 weeks annual leave + bank holidays.
- Company pension
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance after 2 years
At Inplace Recruitment we believe it is people that make the business succeed, the right people, expertly placed in the correct positions. We offer a thorough, professional service that is evidenced by our placement success rate.
If you feel you have combined experience in the following please apply; Logistics Manager, Project Manager, Temperature Controlled, Operations Manager, Distribution Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Transport Manager, Logistics Management, Freight Management.
Please note: Due to the number of applicants we receive, if you have not heard from us within 7 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.