Macildowie is pleased to be working with a start-up organisation based in Burton-upon-Trent, as they look to recruit an experienced Sourcing Director to join their small team. This organisation is a subsidiary of a well established business, and essentially will be the procurement function for the parent company.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for strategic sourcing and contract management for key categories for the organisation:
* Lead strategic approach & direction for all category areas
* Ensure all suppliers have robust contracts in place
* Management small purchasing team (initially)
* Build strong working relationships with internal stakeholders
* Develop strategy for each category to achieve key business objectives
* Take a pro-active approach to managing the supplier base
* Monitor supplier performance
* Achieve savings in line with business objectives
* Implement best practice Procurement processes
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
* Experience of managing medical categories
* Demonstrate strong leadership skills
* Effective stakeholder management both internally and externally
* Ability to develop, coach and drive team performance
* Strong communication skills including negotiation
* Computer Literate - especially MS Excel
* Highly organised and can adapt to change
* Ideally MCIPS qualified
This role will offer a salary in the region of GBP80,000 but potentially negotiable depending on experience.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at .
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.