Sales Ledger Assistant
Sales Ledger Clerk| Shrewsbury Area | up to GBP21,000
Opportunity to join a fast paced and thriving business to support the smooth running of the sales ledger function
Seymour John are recruiting exclusively for a successful business based in Shrewsbury. Due to an increase in workload they are looking to recruit an additional team member for their Sales Ledger function.
You will be working as part of a supportive and friendly team as a Sales Ledger Clerk where your responsibilities will include:
- Full maintenance of the sales ledger to include sales invoicing
- Cash/credit card reconciliations
- Daily banking and posting of receipts
- Debt maintenance - calling and emailing customers to reduce outstanding debt
- Issuing statements
- Bank reconciliations, along with other daily/weekly reconciliations
- Raise cheques and post to system
- General ad hoc accounting tasks
This role would suit a candidate who thrives working in a busy and fast paced working environment. You will have excellent communication and numeracy skills, be is well organised with a methodical approach and have accurate data entry skills. You will need to be able to demonstrate previous sales ledger experience, along with an understanding of double entry bookkeeping.