SF Recruitment is currently looking for a Financial Accountant to take a key role at the center of the Group's finance team.
The role will report to the Finance Manager and will support the delivery of high-quality financial reporting and the daily execution of a varied range of core accounting team processes, whilst maintaining the integrity of the general ledger system and ensuring the group maintains tight financial control.
You will play a key part in the execution of day to day financial accounting activities, including but not limited to:
- preparation and posting of accounting journals across a diverse range of commercial activities within a multi company group structure, support for external audit and profit verification's, preparing reconciliations;
- involvement in the sales process, contribution towards the preparation of the monthly management accounts including expense analysis, maintaining project trackers, involvement across a range of tax returns such as Corporation Tax, VAT & PSA as well as supporting the statutory accounts process such as drafting judgement papers. Additionally, you will provide support to the Accounting team and wider business as required and contribute to the maintenance and adherence to accounting policies as well as getting involved in ad hoc projects or tasks that may arise.
You will be required to assist the Accounting Team with maintaining a tightly controlled accounting environment ensuring activities are executed in accordance with policies and procedures and exceptionally high standards of quality are achieved at all times. You will have previous experience of varied accounting tasks, prioritising workloads and be able to demonstrate management of time effectively and productively to ensure that key reporting deliverables are met consistently. You will have a flexible attitude towards work and adaptable to business constraints as well as the ability to work under pressure handling large volumes of transactions.
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA (essential);
- Preparing journals for Group entities including special purpose entities;
- Preparation of monthly reconciliations and resolution of reconciling items;
- Contribute towards the production of monthly management accounts and involvement in detailed review;
- Prioritise day to day responsibilities to deliver excellent financial support for the business;
- Take an involved role with the maintenance and support of the Group's general ledger system ensuring integrity in the underlying accounting records in particular taking care on accurate VAT posting and posting across Group entities;
- Experience in the preparation of tax returns such as VAT and PSA;
- Compliance with policies and procedures taking into account legislative and regulatory responsibilities;
- Proactively drive process improvement initiatives;
- Experience in a risk management framework within the team including adherence to controls;
If this role sounds of interest, please do not hesitate to apply.