Warehouse Operative / Driver
China Enterprise UK Ltd was established in January 2006 to support customer requirements of high quality sub-contract manufactured components and assemblies supplied at competitive prices in quantities suitable for their manufacturing processes from quality, qualified China sources and suppliers. We operate a full logistics packages for our customer base across a variety of original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
‘Our aim is to be the UK’s most comprehensive global engineering and manufacturing supply chain partner.’
Full Time Warehouse Operative and Van Driver - 39hours a week.
Monday to Thursday 8.00am to 5.00pm
Friday 8.00 am to 1.00pm
For insurance purposes the candidate must be 25+ years old
The Warehouse Operative/Driver plays a key role in receiving deliveries, picking, shipping and delivering of stock in a timely and professional manner. They are responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction through on time and in full deliveries. The Warehouse Operative/Driver will represent the company and continuously work to the high Quality and Health and Safety Standards. The Warehouse Operative/Driver will always represent the business in a professional and positive manner.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Makes both local and national deliveries of stock to customers as and when required in the company van.
- Picks orders from designated areas within the warehouse using the picking sheet generated by the Operations Team.
- Maintains quality service by following Organisation and Quality Standards.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by keeping pallet area and workstations neat; maintaining clean shipping supply area; complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Maintains Health and Safety Standards at all times.
- Load distribution vehicles in a safe, presentable manner and highlight all errors and damages prior to completion.
- Maintains high standards of site house-keeping.
- Checks deliveries received to delivery notes and reports any discrepancies.
- Maintains a high level of Health and Safety awareness and reports and areas of concern to the Warehouse Manager immediately.
- Assists with general warehouse duties and completes to the highest standards.
- Works to standard operating procedures in line with the company policies.
- Assists in regular stock taking and quality checks.
- Operates the forklift truck, both counterbalance and reach in a safe and controlled manner.
- Assist in the unloading of containers and ensure all pallets and stock are sufficiently wrapped and put away accordingly.
Qualifications and Skills/Experience:
- Full driving license – clean (preferable)
- FLT license desirable
- Able to meet deadlines,
- Good attention to detail,
- Able to work as part of a team and individually,
- Able to show initiative,
- Able to work on a wide range of tasks,
- Have warehouse and order picking experience.
Salary dependent on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £8.21 to £9.21 /hour