IT Application Support (Graduate)
IT Application Support Graduate
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it's helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
This role will be part of a Support Team responsible for maintaining the availability and delivery of the ESN ITSM Toolset within the UK managed service platform. This is delivered as part of a 24/7/365 support model underpinning the delivery of all associated services and service levels in line with contractual performance levels.
The Remedy ITSM toolset includes SmartIT, MyIT, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management, Service Request Management, Service Level Management, CMDB/Asset Management, Discovery and Reporting business solutions (version 9 and newer)
- Responsible for providing support and development for Remedy ITSM Suite, including the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and Auto-Discovery (ADDM) add-ons;
- Responsible for providing support for other applications as directed;
- Ensure all worked carried out adheres to Company and IT policy and procedures;
- To undertake any other UKMS activities or projects as required/directed.
- Support specific Remedy Application Configuration deliverables;
- Support specific Remedy Application Support deliverables;
- Support other applications as directed;
- Support projects as and when required;
- Undertake necessary technical training, which will be provided, in order to fulfil the position;
- Undertake Mandatory training to maintain an awareness of company best practice at all times;
- Gain an understanding of Airwave and the ESN, from a technical perspective;
- Participate in general IT related meetings and initiatives alongside other team members;
- Work with the IT Director and the IT Business & Service Applications Manager to identify areas for improvement within the Application Support area.
- Degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Sciences or related subject;
- ITIL v3 Foundation - Desirable.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel;
- Excellent IT literacy;
- Proficiency in a programing language i.e. Python / C++ / HTML / SQL / Java;
- Knowledge of relational databases i.e. MS SQL Server / Oracle;
- Grasp of multiple development methodologies;
- Grasp of the fundamentals of project management;
- Understanding of Mobile and Public Safety Communication technology and services Desirable.
- High degree of professionalism;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Excellent customer service with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships;
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work with limited supervision;
- A willingness to 'go the extra mile' when required;
- Excellent organisational skills and multi-tasking with a 'hands-on' attitude, ability to prioritise and work effectively under pressure;