Executive Assistant CW Champions/CW LEP
Executive Assistant CW Champions / CWLEP
GBP20k to GBP25k per annum depending on experience and skills (2 year fixed term)
Preferable full time 37.5 hpw. However, part time will be considered. Mainly normal office hours although attendance at some events which are breakfast networking or after working day events will be required.
Office based at: The Old Clink, Warwick CV34 4SJ with some travel and attendance at events throughout the region.
Background to role:
The Coventry and Warwickshire Story in March 2012 was a move that business leaders across Coventry and Warwickshire had been waiting for. The story emerged from concerns that Coventry and Warwickshire's voice wasn't getting heard above those of other places; there was no simple story explaining what we're all about and what we're trying to achieve as a place; and that there was no shared sense of ambition.
A variety of businesses and organisations came together to create an agenda for putting Coventry and Warwickshire on the map and drive growth locally. Coventry and Warwickshire have so much to offer to potential investors and existing businesses. We have numerous assets, major businesses, attractions and big brands that make it as attractive as a place for business and pleasure, but not enough people knew about them. So, it was decided to bring people together in a scheme that would increase knowledge about the area and raise confidence about its future prospects. Thus, the Coventry and Warwickshire Champions Scheme was born.
Since 2012 the Champions Scheme has steadily grown. Our Champions come from a wide range of organisations across the region. They are proactive advocates for the area who want to help influence how the area is perceived and portrayed, and make sure the area is talked about in the right places and by the right people. As our success continues, we now need to expand the team with a brand new role of Executive Assistant to work with the Coventry and Warwickshire Place Director. To support in our quest to continue to unite businesses, organisations and individuals across the area in a powerful network to help develop and promote Coventry and Warwickshire and raise its profile.
Whilst Coventry and Warwickshire Champions is its own business entity it is co-located with the Coventry and Warwickshire Local Enterprise Partnership.
Key Objectives of role:
- To provide high quality executive support to the CW Place Director and to act in a pivotal role as the first point of contact for internal and external stakeholders.
- Retain existing CW Champions and attract new contributors to increase revenue.
- Support the Director in the delivery of key Coventry and Warwickshire messages and regional marketing to target audiences.
- To provide executive support to the Director and Office Manager. This will include diary management, responding to emails, answering telephone, arranging meetings and external location bookings, welcoming guests and providing refreshments, preparing documents for meetings, basic administrative duties including filing, petty cash, ordering stationary, shredding, maintain records and payment of invoices.
- Support account management of existing and potential new CW Champions.
- To act as the first point of contact for internal and external stakeholders building credibility with Champion contributors and develop sound understanding of their needs.
- Coordinate and support Champions and LEP events by attending meetings, site visits, networking events throughout the region.
- Carry out administrative tasks/projects as identified by the Director, working within established processes and standards.
- Assist the Director in building relationships and providing ongoing engagement and communication with business individuals who are members of the scheme.
- Maintenance of database management to support business engagement strategy.
- Provide administrative support within the wider LEP office as required.
- Completed a broad education including GCSE grade C/5 and above in English Language and Maths (or equivalent)
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience of collaborative working with public and private sector organisations.
- Experience of effective partnership working to achieve goals.
- Organisational experience in planning and delivering successful meetings, events, workshops or conferences.
- Interest in business and the Coventry and Warwickshire region.
- Confident in being able to promote Coventry and Warwickshire and has a good level of marketing knowledge to achieve this.
- Strong eye for detail.
- Excellent organisational and multi-tasking skills to plan and deliver projects.
- Engaging personal style that will gain credibility with individuals from various levels/types of business.
- Good IT skills using MS Office Suite plus a working knowledge of managing social media platforms and databases.
- Commitment to diversity and equality of opportunity.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with a proactive approach and an ability to quickly build strong relationships with a range of partners at all levels across the public, private and not-for-profit sectors.
How to apply:
This post is being managed by our recruitment consultant Richard Hales. If you would like to apply for this role email your CV. Interviews scheduled for the week commencing 9th September.